Date of birth: 07/01/1997 (18 years old)
Place of birth: Göttingen (Germany)
Youth career: SV Göttingen 07, RSV Göttingen 05, Hannover 96, VfL Wolfsburg (since 2010)
Current club: VfL Wolfsburg
Squad number: —
Current national team: Germany U-19
Position: winger, second striker, striker
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: UEFA Youth League 2015/2016 (3/3)
Contract until: 30.06.2016
Player’s agent: Sports United Sportmanagement
Similar type of player: combined playing styles of Daniel Sturridge & Arkadiusz Milik
– off the ball
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– creative and prolific goalscorer
– elegant centre-forward, with good technique, balance, and an eye for goal
– great composure in front of goal
– one-on-one situation specialist
– often uses his creativity to set up goals for other players
– intelligent and unselfish
– likes to run onto through balls from midfield
– likes to come a bit deeper to get the ball
– able to score from practically every position
– counter attack threat
– likes to try to beat offside trap
He is best suited to playing as:
Striker in 4-4-2.
No senior team appearances yet.
VfL Wolfsburg is growing in power, but the club administrators are not neglecting their youth academy. Currently, one of the biggest stars in the “Wolves” U-19 team is Leandro Putaro, who joined the team in 2010 from Hannover 96. In this Bundesliga U-19 season he is in great form, having scored 12 goals in 10 matches, plus 3 in UEFA Youth League. Thanks to good games at his club, he gets regular call-ups to the U-19 German national team.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.