Date of birth: 31/10/1997 (18 years old)
Place of birth: Manchester (England)
Youth career: Manchester United
Senior career: Manchester United
Squad number: 39
Current national team: —
Position: second striker, striker
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: AEGON Future Cup 2012, UEFA Youth League 2015/2016 (5/3)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Similar type of player: Fernando Torres
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– pacey and powerful centre forward
– versatile player capable of playing anywhere along the front-line
– likes to run onto through balls from midfield
– likes to dribble
– often attacks from the wing
– likes to try to beat offside trap
– possesses powerful and accurate shot
– dynamic and forceful
– known his explosive style and energy on the pitch
– known for his “quick feet”, speed of movement and close control
– one-on-one situation specialist
– accurate penalty taker
– ability to threaten from outside of the 18-yard box
He is best suited to playing as:
Striker in 4-2-3-1.
No senior team appearances yet.
Marcus Rashford is certainly one of the most exciting prospects from Manchester United youth academy. He has been considered to be a great talent since his early years. In 2012, he played at the prestigious youth tournament AEGON Future Cup with the Manchester United U-17 team despite being an U-14 at the time. During the 2015/16 season he made his debut for United U-21 team and few months later, on 21 November 2015, he made the first-team bench for the first time in an away league match against Watford, an unused substitute as “The Red Devils” won 2–1.
“Marcus is explosive, he’s a very talented boy but a good, hard worker as well. He’s a good lad to have in the side because he puts a shift in for the team. He’s explosive and he scores goals.”
(Nicky Butt – head of coaching at the Manchester United Youth Academy)
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.