Full name in native alphabet: Λάζαρος Λάμπρου
Date of birth: 19/12/1997 (18 years old)
Place of birth: Katerini (Greece)
Youth career: Pontion Katerini, Panathinaikos (since 2011)
Senior career: Panathinaikos
Squad number: 36
Current national team: Greece U-19
Position: winger, second striker, striker
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 300.000 €
Tournaments participated in: 2014 UEFA European Under-17 Championship elite round (3/0)
Contract until: 30.06.2016
Player’s agent: Ohne Berater
Similar type of player: Luis Suárez
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– pacey and creative support striker/number “9”
– versatile player capable of playing anywhere along the front-line
– likes to run onto through balls from midfield
– likes to dribble
– often attacks from the wing
– likes to try to beat offside trap
– killer instinct in front of goal
– likes to be given a free role
– explosive speed and great dribbling skills
– known for his “quick feet”, speed of movement and close control
– one-on-one situation specialist
– able to score and dribble comfortably with both feet
He is best suited to playing as:
Second striker in 4-4-2.
No senior team appearances yet.
Lazaros Lamprou began playing football at the age of 5 for local club A.E.Pontion Katerini. In 2011, Panathinaikos – the club he has supported since childhood – spotted his potential and invited him to join their youth academy. He made his professional debut on 28 October 2015 in a Greek Cup match against APO Levadiakos, when he came on as a substitute for Viktor Klonaridis for the last eleven minutes. In 2014, was the only Greek player to feature on a list entitled “TOP 40 young talent in world football – born in 1997″ by The Guardian.
“Lampros is a right footed player but with can as well play with his left foot. He can play in all behind forward positions but as a center for as well. This is due to his excellent sense of the space around the “nets”. Additionally because of his height, he is quite tall for his age, and by taken advantage of careful positioning in the “nets” area he scores quite a few times with his head.”
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.