Date of birth: 28/10/1998 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Antwerp (Belgium)
Youth career: KV Mechelen, RSC Anderlecht (since 2014)
Current club: RSC Anderlecht
Squad number: —
Current national team: Belgium U-18
Position: second striker, striker
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2015 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (2/0), 2015 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (3/0), 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup (6/2), UEFA Youth League 2014/2015 (3/1), UEFA Youth League 2015/2016 (3/3)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Similar type of player: Dennis Bergkamp
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– support striker/number “9”
– intelligent and unselfish striker
– very cool in front of goal
– likes to come deep to get ball
– likes to try to beat offside trap
– often uses his creativity to set up goals for other players
– all-action and energetic
– likes to run onto through balls from midfield
– likes to make late runs into the opposition box
– intelligent movement, both inside and outside the penalty area
– aerial threat in the opposition box
– likes to capitalize on defensive mistakes
– counter attack threat
He is best suited to playing as:
Striker in 4-4-2.
2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup 3rd place with Belgium.
No senior team appearances yet.
Jorn Vancamp started his adventure with serious football at KV Mechelen. There, his play impressed Anderlecht scouts enough to earn him a place in the fantastic “Les Mauves” youth academy in 2014. He started his career as a midfielder, but as time went on, he played higher and higher. At this time, it appears that his best position is in attack. Currently, he is one of the biggest stars of the Anderlecht youth team, which is doing very well in both the domestic competitions as well as UEFA Youth League. In 2015 he earned his biggest prize so far of his short career – a bronze medal with Belgium at the FIFA U-17 World Cup, where he was one of the best players for his country.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.