Date of birth: 14/02/1998 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Norway
Youth career: Asker Football
Current club: Vålerenga (since 2014)
Squad number: 23
Current national team: Norway U-19
Position: central defender, defensive midfielder, central midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 300.000 €
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Similar type of player: Sami Khedira
– tackling and intercepting
– tactical intelligence
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– powerful holding midfielder
– strong tackler, and a tactically intelligent midfielder, gifted with good ball skills, vision and distribution
– tall, well-built midfielder
– very strong mentally, physically and technically
– likes to play short passes
– very comfortable on the ball, with a willingess to play and receive passes along the ground
– known for his perfect positioning and foresight
– very good at breaking down opposition plays due to his positional sense, defensive attributes, tactical intelligence, and ability to read the game
– finds himself best in positional attack
He is best suited to playing as:
Defensive midfielder in 4-2-3-1.
Tippeligaen 2015: 11 matches/0 goals (Vålerenga)
Sander Berge joined Vålerenga in 2014 from a small club Asker Football. He made his professional debut on 11 July 2015, coming off the bench against Sandefjord. On 16 August, he made his first league start against Rosenborg. In January 2016, he has joined West Ham United on trial and it seems that English Premier League would be a perfect direction for him in the near future. It is worth mentioning that Sander is the grandson of Ragnar Berge who played as a left-back for Vålerenga from 1945 until 1957, and was capped once by Norway national team.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.