Date of birth: 18/03/1998 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Belgium
Youth career: RSC Anderlecht
Current club: RSC Anderlecht
Squad number: —
Current national team: Belgium U-18
Position: central midfielder, attacking midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2015 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/1), 2015 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (4/0), 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup (7/0), UEFA Youth League 2014/2015 (1/0), UEFA Youth League 2015/2016 (6/0)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Similar type of player: Georginio Wijnaldum
– ball control
Style of play:
– creative box-to-box midfielder/number “10”
– highly technical and creative midfielder
– likes to play through balls
– outstanding vision and extremely accurate long-range passing ability
– very good in combination play
– plays with a natural flair and is dangerous in the box
– exceptional precision when passing and shooting
– very comfortable on the ball, with a willingess to play and receive passes along the ground
– able to deliver pin-point passes and crosses
– excellent range of passing
– ability to threaten from outside of the 18-yard box
– able to score and dribble comfortably with both feet
He is best suited to playing as:
Attacking midfielder in 4-2-3-1.
2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup 3rd place with Belgium.
No senior team appearances yet.
Orel Mangala is currently considered to be one of the biggest prospect in Belgian football. He is a product of Anderlecht youth system – one of the best academies in Europe, famous for having produced many talented players in recent years, such as Vincent Kompany, Romelu Lukaku, Dennis Praet, Youri Tielemans and Leander Dendoncker. Currently, he is one of the biggest stars of the Anderlecht youth team, which is doing very well in both the domestic competitions as well as UEFA Youth League. He is a regular youth international for Belgium, where he started at the U-15 level and currently plays for U-18. In 2015, he was one of the key players for Belgium at the FIFA U-17 World Cup, where young “Red Devils” have taken the bronze medal.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.