Full name: Kylian Mbappé Lottin
Date of birth: 20/12/1998 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Bondy (France)
Youth career: AS Bondy (2010-2013), AS Monaco (2013-)
Senior career: AS Monaco
Squad number: 29
Current national team: France U-19
Position: winger, attacking midfielder, second striker, striker
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 250.000 €
Tournaments participated in: 2016 UEFA European Under-19 Championship elite round (3/2)
Contract until: 30.06.2019
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal
Similar type of player: Cristiano Ronaldo/Thierry Henry
– ball control
– No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– inside forward
– well-rounded attacking player, capable of playing out wide, through the middle or as a striker
– highly technical and creative player
– often uses his skills to beat defenders, cut inside and create himself a decent opportunity to score from
– likes to dribble
– all-action and energetic
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and acceleration
– holds good skill, pace and low center of gravity
– likes to use tricks and skills to remain in possession of the ball
– very composed finisher capable on both feet
– known for his “quick feet”, speed of movement and close control
– often uses his creativity to set up goals for other players
– excellent balance and changes of pace
– gets fouled often
He is best suited to playing as:
Left winger in 4-3-3.
Ligue 1 2015/2016 (ongoing): 9 matches/1 goal (Monaco)
Kylian Mbappé joined AS Monaco youth academy in 2013 from AS Bondy. He is is thought to be one of the brightest French talents of the current generation. He made his league debut on 2 December 2015 in a 1-1 home draw against Caen. He replaced Fábio Coentrão after 88 minutes. On 20 February 2016, he scored his first goal, a stoppage-time goal in a 3–1 win over Troyes; at the age of 17 years and 62 days, becoming the youngest goalscorer in Monaco’s history — displacing legendary Thierry Henry in the process. On 6 March, he signed his first professional contract, a three-year deal, tying him Monaco until June 2019. He is also a member of a very strong France U-19 national team and it is worth noting that despite being one of the youngest members of the squad he is the star that decides about the image of the team.
“He’s an eccentric striker, able to beat players and set fire in the last forty metres.
There’s an explosivity and fluidity in his game. It is very beautiful to see. He is one of those players who can be differentiated from others by his gestures, his ease.
He’s a beautiful passer, which is with both feet, and can make passes that others do not always see.”
(Jean-Claude Lafargue – Kylian’s former coach at Clairefontaine)
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
World class potential.