Date of birth: 17/09/1998 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Clamart (France)
Youth career: CSM Clamart, Paris SG (since 2011)
Current club: Paris SG
Squad number: —
Current national team: France U-18
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: Al Kass International Cup 2015, 2015 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/0), 2015 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (5/0), 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup (3/0), UEFA Youth League 2015/2016 (5/1)
Contract until: 30.06.2018
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Dani Carvajal
– tackling and intercepting
– aerial duels
Style of play:
– attacking-minded fullback/wingback
– fast, powerful, physically strong player
– likes forward runs
– likes to cross
– likes to dribble
– likes to get ahead and overlap with his winger in order to provide a good cross into the box
– fearless and good at timing tackles
– holds good skill, pace and low center of gravity
– endless energy and his powerful running make him an incredibly useful asset as he brings an offensive value to a team, with a lot of activity during 90 minutes in the right side
– all-action and energetic
– likes to enter the opposition’s penalty area whenever possible
– provides fluidity and dynamism going forward
– counter attack threat
He is best suited to playing as:
Right-back in 4-3-3.
2015 European Under-17 Championship winner with France.
UEFA Youth League 2015/2016 runner-up with PSG.
League summary (as for 7 May 2016):
CFA 2015/2016 (ongoing): 8 matches/0 goals (PSG II)
Paris Saint-Germain is a true top European giant, but the club doesn’t forget about the youth academy, which is considered to be one of the best in the country. One of their brightest prospects is for sure Alec Georgen, who is often compared to famous former French international Bixente Lizarazu, thanks to his stature and speed. He belongs to a very talented generation of French players born in 1998, which won a gold medal at the UEFA European Under-17 Championship in great style back in 2015. He was also one of the key players of PSG U19 team during UEFA Youth League 2015/2016 campaign, where young “Les Parisiens” did very good until the final, which they unluckily lost to Chelsea.
“It’s a great source of pride and with great pleasure that I’ve signed my first professional contract here. I’m a Paris supporter – it’s my club. Now I hope to win as many trophies as possible in the age groups I play in this season. There are a lot of great players that play for this club and I know that by joining the professional squad, I know I’m going to be progressing a lot faster than I would in another category.”
(Alec Georgen – after signing his first professional contract with PSG)
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.