Date of birth: 20/03/1998 (18 years old)
Place of birth: Netherlands
Youth career: FC Abcoude, VV Neijenrodes, FC Breukelen, FC Utrecht (since 2009)
Current club: FC Utrecht
Squad number: 20
Current national team: Netherlands U-19
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 350.000 €
Tournaments participated in: 2015 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (2/0), 2015 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (3/0)
Contract until: 30.06.2019
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Kyle Walker
– tackling and intercepting
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– modern full-back
– well-fit, hard-working, and quick at anticipating the movement of the opponents
– likes forward runs
– likes to cross
– likes to dribble
– likes to get ahead and overlap with his winger in order to provide a good cross into the box
– fearless and good at timing tackles
– very comfortable with the ball at his feet
– endless energy and his powerful running make him an incredibly useful asset as he brings an offensive value to a team, with a lot of activity during 90 minutes in the right side
– all-action and energetic
– provides fluidity and dynamism going forward
– counter attack threat
He is best suited to playing as:
Right-back in 4-3-3.
KNVB Cup 2015/2016 runner-up with Utrecht.
League summary (as for 11 September 2016):
Eredivisie 2014/2015: 1 match/0 goals (Utrecht)
Eredivisie 2015/2016: 7 matches/1 goal (Utrecht)
Eredivisie 2016/2017 (ongoing): 5 matches/0 goals (Utrecht)
Giovanni Troupée joined to FC Utrecht youth academy as a young child from a small FC Breukelen. He made his professional debut as a substitute on 17 May 2015 in a 3–3 Eredivisie draw with Vitesse Arnhem, coming on to replace Kevin Diks after 60 minutes. In 2015, he played at European U-17 Championship, but young Dutchmen were a massive disappointment and got knocked out already in the group stage despite high expectations. Currently, he represents “Oranje” U-19 team.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.