Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Date of birth: 07/01/1999 (18 years old)
Place of birth: Bihać (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Youth career: NK Vrapce, NK Zagreb, HNK Rijeka (since 2015)
Current club: HNK Rijeka
Squad number: —
Current national team: Bosnia and Herzegovina U-19
Position: defensive midfielder, central midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: Future Talents Cup 2015/2016, 2016 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/0), 2016 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (3/0)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: arena11 sports group
Transfer rumours: Hamburger SV
Similar type of player: Maxime Gonalons
– tackling and intercepting
– tactical intelligence
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– holding midfielder
– midfield controller
– player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– thanks to his vision, great collective work rate and anticipation he is capable of playing in a variety of midfield roles, in a defensive midfielder position or in a more advanced role if needed
– knows how to dictate tempo using his good vision, passing ability at all distances and natural technique to create dynamism on the team’s build-up process
– likes to spread play with good long-range diagonals
– skilful on the ball and calm under pressure
– concentrated player with very good reading of the game and anticipation
– very good at breaking down opposition plays due to his positional sense, defensive attributes, and tactical intelligence
– able to keep the ball under pressure and hold up play thanks to strong physique and technique
– provides many key interceptions, clearances and tackles for his team throughout the matches
– capable of surprising the opponents by charging forward into the attacking third and testing the goalkeeper
– finds himself best in positional attack
– natural leader
He is best suited to playing as:
Defensive midfielder in 4-2-3-1.
Future Talents Cup 2015/2016 winner with Rijeka.
League summary (as for 22 January 2017):
1.HNL 2016/2017 (ongoing): 1 match/0 goals (Rijeka)
Jasmin Čeliković is a charismatic midfielder who is considered to be one of the most talented young players of his generation in Bosnia and Herzegovina. He was born in the Bosanska Krajina city Bihać in western Bosnia and Herzegovina, but moved to Croatia as a young boy. He joined HNK Rijeka youth academy in 2015 from NK Zagreb. He made his professional debut for Rijeka on 11 December 2016 in a league fixture against RNK Split. He is also a regular player for the Bosnian junior national teams, he has represented his country at the U-16, U-17 and U-19 levels. In 2016, he captained his team at the European U-17 Championship, where young ‘Dragons’ failed to advance from a very tough group containing Austria, Germany and Ukraine.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Country-scale star with top European club ambition.