Full name: Joël Mohammed Ramzan Piroe
Date of birth: 02/08/1999 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Wijchen (Netherlands)
Youth career: Quick 1888, SC Woezik, NEC Nijmegen, Feyenoord, PSV Eindhoven (since 2014)
Current club: PSV Eindhoven/Jong PSV
Squad number: —
Current national team: Netherlands U-18
Position: winger, centre forward
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 50.000 €
Tournaments participated in: UEFA Youth League 2016/2017 (5/1)
Contract until: 30.06.2019
Player’s agent: P4P Sports Management
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Manolo Gabbiadini
– finishing/powerful and accurate shooting ability
– off the ball movement
– hold-up play
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– capable of playing in several offensive positions, either in the centre as a striker, as a supporting forward, or as a winger
– complete and powerful striker who is able to create and score his own goals
– player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, balance, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– determined forward with killer-instinct, very good technique on the ball, good dribbling skills, and cleverness at his off-the-ball movements
– can operate effectively alone up front or offer versatility in his choice of striking partner
– possesses great sense of positioning while receiving through balls
– likes to dribble
– likes to try to beat offside trap
– likes to shoot at every opportunity he gets
– likes to attack from the wing where he is capable of cutting into the middle and try powerful and accurate shots with his stronger left foot
– possesses good control, quick feet, and technical skills, which, along with his strength, enable him to retain possession when playing with his back to goal and hold up the ball for teammates
– counter attack threat
– often moves deep into midfield and drawing defenders with him, in order to create and exploit spaces for his teammates
He is best suited to playing as:
Centre forward in 4-3-3.
Eredivisie U-17 2015/2016 winner with PSV.
League summary (as for 11 March 2017):
Eerste Divisie 2016/2017 (ongoing): 5 matches/0 goals (Jong PSV)
Joël Piroe joined PSV Endhoven youth academy from Feyenoord in 2014. In November 2016, he signed his professional contract with the club, expiring at the end of the 2018-19 season. Few weeks later, thanks to his great games in the U-19 team, he made his professional debut in the Eerste Divisie for Jong PSV on 2 December 2016 in a game against Achilles ’29.
‘The technically-gifted frontman models his game on Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski but sees his long-term future in La Liga.
The 17-year-old has attracted plenty of interest around Europe and is known for his fierce long shots.
He’s spent time at fellow Eredivisie clubs Feyenoord and NEC before being snapped up by the Dutch giants but they know they’ll face a battle to keep hold of him in the future.’
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.