Full name: Vinícius José Paixão de Oliveira Júnior
Date of birth: 12/07/2000 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
Youth career: CR Flamengo
Current club: CR Flamengo
Squad number: —
Current national team: Brazil U-17
Position: winger, second striker, striker
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2015 South American Under-15 Football Championship, Copa São Paulo de Futebol Júnior 2017, 2017 South American Under-17 Championship
Contract until: 31.07.2019
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: FC Barcelona, Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea
Similar type of player: Neymar
– pace and acceleration
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– wide forward
– versatile attacking player who is capable of playing anywhere along the front line
– player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– versatile wing forward with an impressive powerful and accurate shooting skills, great change of pace/explosive acceleration and 1vs1 offensive ability
– capable of scoring goals himself as well as creating them
– likes to dribble
– likes to play in a free attacking role granted the freedom to roam the pitch and find space
– likes to have the ball at his feet and run at opponents
– likes to attack from the wing, cut inside and create himself a decent opportunity to score from
– holds very good skill, pace and low center of gravity
– possesses exceptional ability to maneuver in small spaces
– very direct with his running and tries to get into the final third as soon as possible
– known for his dribbling skills and close control in limited spaces, as well as decent ability to protect and hold up the ball for team-mates with his back to goal
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and acceleration
– very strong in 1v1 situations, unpredictable and confident of his skills
– already very accomplished for his age
He is best suited to playing as:
Left winger in 4-3-3.
2015 South American Under-15 Football Championship winner with Brazil.
2015 South American Under-15 Football Championship top scorer.
League summary (as for 12 March 2017):
No senior team appearances yet.
Vincius Junior was brought up in the Flamengo youth academy, which is known for introducing players such as Renato Augusto, Juan, Adriano, Sávio, Zico, Leonardo, Djalminha and Felipe Melo to the world. His introduction to the wider audiences came during the 2015 South American Under-15 Football Championship, where Brazil won in style, while he was the 2nd best scorer of the tournament. His talent exploded two years later at Copa São Paulo de Futebol Júnior 2017, where he impressed as a 16-year old at a U-20 tournament. Quickly, he attracted attention of the best European clubs, such as Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Barcelona.
‘A curious thing about Vinicius is that, if we let him, he would have trained with every age group. He just never seemed to tire. To this day, he comes back and visits us, bringing his medals and sharing his experiences with the children. We really admire the fact that he always comes back here.’
(Cacau – Vinicius’ former youth coach)
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Golden Ball material.
Future international star.
APPLY FOR NEWCASTLE FOOTBALL TRIALS 2017, Kindly send your CVs to email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Absolutely promising youngster. Hope he could move to Europe at early age, and get some experience!