Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Date of birth: 18/01/2000 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Youth career: FK Sarajevo
Current club: FK Sarajevo
Squad number: —
Current national team: Bosnia and Herzegovina U-17
Position: central defender, defensive midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 100.000 €
Tournaments participated in: 2016 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/0), 2016 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (2/0), 2017 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/0)
Contract until: 01.04.2019
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: Freiburg
Similar type of player: Leonardo Bonucci
– tackling and intercepting
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– complete and dominant defender
– player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, natural fitness and stamina who feels comfortable in contact situations with opposite forwards
– possesses an elegant, ball-playing style of defending
– capable of playing at both centre back and defensive midfield thanks to his vision, ability to read the game and tactical awareness
– known for his composure and confidence in possession
– well-fit, hard-working, and quick at anticipating the movement of the opponents
– accurate and tenacious tackler
– likes to spread play with good long-range diagonals
– very good in the air
– very good at breaking down opposition plays due to his positional sense, defensive attributes, tactical intelligence, and ability to read the game
– able to control the threat of the attacker without causing an imbalance in the defensive line
– concentrated, determined and commited player with very good rate of individual and collective work
– natural leader
He is best suited to playing as:
Central defender in 4-2-3-1.
League summary (as for 9 April 2017):
No senior team appearances yet.
Rijad Sadiku is another brilliant graduate of the FK Sarejvo youth academy. In March 2017, he went on trial with German Bundesliga side SC Freiburg and it is possible that he will join them permanently in the near future. He is a regular youth international for Bosnia and has already played over 30 games for the youth national teams, which is a very impressive result for a 17-year old. In 2016, he represented his country at the European U-17 Championship, where young ‘Dragons’ failed to advance from a very tough group containing Austria, Germany and Ukraine. Currently, he is the captain and one of the leaders of Bosnia U-17 national team.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Country-scale star with top European club ambition.