Date of birth: 06/05/2001 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Bissau (Guinea-Bissau)
Youth career: AD Oerias, SL Benfica (since 2015)
Current club: SL Benfica
Squad number: —
Current national team: Portugal U-17
Position: winger, second striker, striker
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2017 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/2)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: Manchester United & Real Madrid
Similar type of player: Neymar
– pace and acceleration
– ball control
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– wide forward
– versatile attacking player who is capable of playing anywhere along the front line
– likes to play in a free attacking role granted the freedom to roam the pitch and find space
– versatile wing forward with impressive shooting skills, great change of pace/explosive acceleration and 1vs1 offensive ability
– likes to dribble
– likes to have the ball at his feet and run at opponents
– likes to cut inside and create himself a decent opportunity to score from
– likes to shoot at every opportunity he gets
– able to score and dribble comfortably with both feet
– holds very good skill, pace and low center of gravity
– possesses exceptional ability to maneuver in small spaces
– very direct with his running and tries to get into the final third as soon as possible
– known for his dribbling skills and close control in limited spaces
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and acceleration
– very strong in 1v1 situations, unpredictable and confident of his skills
– already very accomplished for his age
He is best suited to playing as:
Right winger in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 25 June 2017):
No senior team appearances yet.
In recent years, Benfica’s youth academy has been going through some great times when it comes to talented players. Fresh examples of José Gomes, Renato Sanches, João Carvalho, Diogo Gonçalves or Gonçalo Guedes serve only to confirm this. Surely, one of the most interesting prospects is Úmaro Embaló, who’s already been inquired about by majors teams such as Real Madrid and Manchester United. It seems though, as if it was better if he stayed in Portugal, because considering his potential, he may already debut as Benfica’s first squad member in a year or two. He’s also a regular on Portugal’s youth teams, where he’s scored an impressive 18 goals in 27 games.
‘Portuguese daily newspaper Record is reporting that Real Madrid and Manchester United are locked in the battle for Benfica youngster Umaro Embalo.
The 16-year-old is yet another impressive product of club’s youth academy and his performances for the Benfica Under-17 side have caught the eye of top European sides.
According to Record, Real Madrid and Manchester United are believed to be leading the chase for the talented footballer at the moment.
The same source has suggested that los Blancos even submitted an €8 million proposal, but the Eagles chairman Luis Felipe Vieira has no intention of letting Embalo leave just yet.
Operating as a right winger, but also capable of playing up front, the youngster has been bagging goals for fun at the international stage, with 6 strikes in 12 games for Portugal Under-16’s and 12 goals in 15 appearances for Portugal Under-17’s.’
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Golden Ball material.