Date of birth: 14/01/2000 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Zagreb (Croatia)
Youth career: Dinamo Zagreb
Current club: Dinamo Zagreb
Squad number: —
Current national team: Croatia U-17
Position: defensive midfielder, central midfielder
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2017 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (3/0)
Contract until: 01.02.2019
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Granit Xhaka
– tackling and intercepting
– tactical intelligence
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– pivotal midfielder/regista
– player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– likes to be fielded as a defensive midfielder, who looks to occupy the gap between the defence and midfield
– equally competent offensively as defensively
– constantly asking for the ball and often is an additional passing option
– thanks to his vision, great collective work rate and anticipation he is capable of playing in a variety of midfield roles in a defensive midfielder position or in a more advanced role if needed
– knows how to dictate tempo using his good vision, passing ability at all distances and natural technique to create dynamism on the team’s build-up process
– likes to spread play with good long-range diagonals
– skilful on the ball and calm under pressure
– concentrated player with very good reading of the game and anticipation
– very good at breaking down opposition plays due to his positional sense, defensive attributes, and tactical intelligence
– able to keep the ball under pressure and hold up play thanks to strong physique and technique
– determined in defensive phase with good anticipation sense to provide many key interceptions, clearences and tackles
– fairly good in the air
– finds himself best in positional attack
– very good ambidexterity using his right weaker foot
He is best suited to playing as:
Defensive midfielder in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 6 August 2017):
No senior team appearances yet.
In recent years, Dinamo Zagreb’s youth academy has been going through some great times when it comes to talented players. Fresh examples like Ante Ćorić, Josip Brekalo, Nikola Moro, Filip Benković and Borna Sosa serve only to confirm this. Surely, one of the most interesting U-17 prospects now is Bartol Franjić. He showed himself to a wider crowd at the 2017 European Under-17 Championship, where young Croats were a massive disappointment and got knocked out already in the group stage despite high expectations.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.