Full name: Victor Bobsin Pereira
Date of birth: 12/01/2000 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Porto Alegre (Brazil)
Youth career: Grêmio Porto Alegre
Current club: Grêmio Porto Alegre
Squad number: —
Current national team: Brazil U-17
Position: defensive midfielder, central midfielder
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2017 South American Under-17 Championship (8/0), 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup (7/0)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Sergio Busquets
– tactical intelligence
– tacckling and intercepting
– pace and acceleration
– ambidexterity/should improve playing with his weaker right foot
Style of play:
– pivotal midfielder/regista
– player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– likes to be fielded as a defensive midfielder, who looks to occupy the gap between the defence and midfield
– equally competent offensively as defensively
– constantly asking for the ball and often is an additional passing option
– knows how to dictate tempo using his good vision, football IQ, passing ability at all distances and natural technique to create dynamism on the team’s build-up process
– very good in combination play
– cultured passer with a proclivity for breaking the lines with intricate vertical balls
– concentrated player with very good reading of the game and anticipation
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in tight spaces/under pressure
– very good at breaking down opposition plays due to his positional sense, defensive attributes, and tactical intelligence
– able to keep the ball under pressure and hold up play thanks to strong physique and technique
– knows how to use his body to shield the ball from defenders thanks to his technique, cleverness, strength and ball control
– determined in defensive phase with good anticipation sense to provide many key interceptions, clearences and tackles
– fairly good in the air
– finds himself best in positional attack
He is best suited to playing as:
Defensive midfielder in 4-3-3.
2017 South American Under-17 Championship winner with Brazil.
2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup 3rd place with Brazil.
League summary (as for 1 January 2018):
No senior team appearances yet.
Victor Bobsin is a product of Grêmio Porto Alegre academy – youth system that has been responsible for producing many fantastic players including Ronaldinho, Anderson, Lucas Leiva, Douglas Costa, Emerson and Luan. His introduction to the wider audiences came during the 2017 South American Under-17 Football Championship, where Brazil won in great style. Few months later, he represented his country at the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup, where young “Canarinhos” have taken the bronze medal and shown a fantastic generation of players, which includes, among others, Paulinho, Alan, Brenner, Weverson, Gabriel Brazão, Marcos Antonio and Lincoln.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.