Full name: Juan Miranda González
Date of birth: 19/01/2000 (18 years old)
Place of birth: Olivares (Spain)
Youth career: Betis, FC Barcelona (since 2014)
Current club: Barcelona/Barcelona B
Squad number: 33
Current national team: Spain U-19
Position: central defender, left-back
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 1.000.000 €
Tournaments participated in: 2017 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/0), 2017 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (5/0), FIFA U-17 World Cup 2017 (6/1), UEFA Youth League 2017/2018 (6/0), 2018 UEFA European Under-19 Championship qualification elite round (2/0)
Contract until: 30.06.2019
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Aleksandar Kolarov
– pace and acceleration
– tackling and intercepting
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– complete full-back
– creative player with great technical ability, 1vs1 short-dribbling skills, close ball control and fast direction shifts in possession
– tall, well-built, hard-working, and quick at anticipating the movement of the opponents
– likes to cross
– very good at breaking down opposition plays due to his positional sense, defensive attributes, tactical intelligence, and ability to read the game
– impacts the game at both the ends of the pitch
– equally competent offensively as defensively
– very comfortable with the ball at his feet
– likes to be involved to build-up process thanks to his great technique, tactical intelligence & passing ability at all distances
– endless energy and his powerful running make him an incredibly useful asset as he brings an offensive value to a team, with a lot of activity during 90 minutes in the left side
– able to deliver pin-point passes and crosses
– provides fluidity and dynamism going forward
– fairly good in the air
– tactically astute and technically capable of playing in various demanding tactical systems
He is best suited to playing as:
Left-back in 4-3-3.
2017 UEFA European Under-17 Championship winner with Spain.
2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup runner-up with Spain.
League summary (as for 25 March 2018):
Segunda División 2017/2018 (ongoing): 7 matches/1 goal (Barcelona B)
Juan Miranda joined FC Barcelona’s La Masia in June 2014, from Real Betis. He is a part of the new wave of highly talented Barcelona players born in 2000 which includes, among others, Abel Ruiz, Mateu Morey & Alejandro Orellana. He made his professional debut for Barcelona B team in the first game of the 2017/18 season away at Real Valladolid becoming the first player born in 2000 to play in Segunda Division. In May 2017, he was one of the best players at the European Under-17 Championship where Spanish team were crowned champions. Few months later he represented his country at 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup, where Spain won a silver medal.
“Miranda is a left back with a great engine and a desire to get forward and link up in attack. The defender is also a great asset at set pieces, both in defence and attack.”
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has potential to become a key player in a top European club.