Date of birth: 06/02/2001 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Sergrate (Italy)
Youth career: Monza 1912, Inter (since 2014)
Current club: Inter
Squad number: —
Current national team: Italy U-17
Position: centre forward
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2018 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/0), Viareggio Cup 2018 (3/1)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Robert Lewandowski
– physical strength
– off the ball movement
– hold-up play
– ball control
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– target man/goal poacher
– player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– good agility & coordination for a player of his size
– powerful and determined forward with killer-instinct, interesting technique on the ball, decent dribbling skills and cleverness at his off-the-ball movements
– likes to shoot at every opportunity he gets
– likes to play with back to goal
– often uses his strength and aerial presence to bring teammates into play
– indirect set-piece threat
– aerial threat in the opposition box
– generates many flick-ons and passes into the channels for his teammates to utilize
– capable of holding up the ball for teammates to provide them with assists when playing with his back to goal
– knows how to use his body to shield the ball from defenders thanks to his technique, cleverness and ball control
– able to sniff out a goal in any situation
– often moves deep into midfield and drawing defenders with him, in order to create and exploit spaces for his teammates
– decent ambidexterity using his left weaker foot
– accurate penalty taker
– dependable option while defending set pieces
He is best suited to playing as:
Centre forward in 4-3-3.
Italian U-17 Championship 2016/2017 winner with Inter.
Viareggio Cup 2018 winner with Inter.
League summary (as for 1 April 2018):
No senior team appearances yet.
Edoardo Vergani is one of the most talented forwards in Italy. In 2014, Internazionale – the club he has supported since childhood – spotted his potential and invited him to join their youth academy from Monza 1912. He is a part of a fantastic generation of young Inter forwards, which includes Andrea Pinamonti, Davide Merola, Jens Odgaard and Facundo Colidio. Edoardo is also a regular Italian youth international, having been capped at the U-15, U-16, and U-17 levels – he earned 36 caps and scored 22 goals so far – which is quite impressive for a 17-year old.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.