Date of birth: 16/05/2002 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Netherlands
Youth career: Zeeburgia, Ajax Amsterdam (since 2010)
Current club: Ajax Amsterdam
Squad number: —
Current national team: Netherlands U-17
Position: central midfielder, attacking midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: ABN AMRO Future Cup 2017, ABN AMRO Future Cup 2018, 2018 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (4/0)
Contract until: 30.06.2021
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Paul Pogba
– ball control
– long shots
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– powerful, skillful & creative midfielder
– player with very good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– well-rounded, hard-working team player
– midfielder that imposes himself on the pitch with his physicality, work rate, energy and determination
– likes to play short passes
– likes to shoot from distance
– extremely difficult to knock off the ball thanks to his size, technique and good close control
– possesses high stamina, energy and the ability to go on lung bursting runs through the middle of the park
– elegant and composed under pressure
– his stamina, determination, and pace enables him to cover a lot of ground ground
– possesses excellent technique on the ball, vision, decision taking on the ball and passing ability at all distances
– able to make effective late runs into opposite penalty box lurking for a chance to exploit his good shooting skills
– determined in defensive phase with good anticipation sense to provide key interceptions, clearances and tackles
– competent direct/indirect set-piece taker
– good ambidexterity using his left weaker foot
– fairly good in the air
– very accomplished for his age
He is best suited to playing as:
Central midfielder in 4-2-3-1.
ABN Amro Future Cup 2017 best player.
ABN Amro Future Cup 2018 winner with Ajax.
2018 UEFA European Under-17 Championship winner with Netherlands.
League summary (as for 10 June 2018):
No senior team appearances yet.
Ryan Gravenberch is considered to be one of the most talented youngsters of his generation in Europe. In 2017 he was selected as the best player of the very prestigious tournament ABN AMRO Future Cup – annual friendly international youth tournament which is organized by Ajax Amsterdam. Despite being only 16, he is already a regular at U19 level for Ajax and featured in this season’s UEFA Youth League, becoming the youngest ever scorer in the tournament. His older brother Danzell is also a footballer currently playing for Belgian side KSV Roeselare on loan from Reading.
“The classy central midfielder, who has a similar playing style to Paul Pogba, can be seen gliding through games with his height, strength and dribbling ability making him difficult to stop. He is also a fantastic passer and scores goals regularly with his driving runs into the box.”
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
World class potential.
How did you scout and analyze this guy? I could barely find any stats from even Wyscout.
I watched him a lot playing for Netherlands U17, Ajax U17/U19 & during the Future Cup.
Thank you! By the chance, do you use Wyscout at all when you try to scout and watch players playing?
Are you a very talented player? it is no doubt now 10/10 is strength to bar. it’s too much