Date of birth: 12/02/2001 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Piacenza (Italy)
Youth career: Piacenza, Cremonese, Juventus (since 2015)
Current club: Juventus
Squad number: —
Current national team: Italy U-17
Position: central midfielder, attacking midfielder, winger, second striker
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2018 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/0), ABN AMRO Future Cup 2018
Contract until: 30.06.2020
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Isco
– pace and acceleration
– ball control
– first touch
– still has margin for improvements – consistency issues and defensive contribution
– aerial duels
Style of play:
– advanced playmaker
– offensive allrounder capable of playing in various positions such as winger, attacking midfielder and support striker
– creative player with great technique on the ball, mobility, acceleration skills, fast direction shifts, short-dribbling and good short-mid through passing ability
– midfielder who sees the game differently from most revealing creativity, cleverness at his off-the-ball movements, great vision and passing ability orchestrating or providing dynamism to the team’s build-up process with ease and effectiveness
– superb coordination, agility and balance
– likes to play in a free attacking role granted the freedom to roam the pitch and find space
– likes to dribble
– often employs feints and tricks to beat opponents
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and acceleration
– brilliant technique and composure in tight spaces he doesn’t fear the individual duels and usually creates danger or suffers a foul, because it is not easy to tackle the ball away from him
– efficient in his play and has a natural eye for goal
– very strong in 1v1 situations, unpredictable and confident of his skills
– competent set piece taker
He is best suited to playing as:
Attacking midfielder in 4-2-3-1.
ABN AMRO Future Cup 2018 runner-up with Juventus.
ABN AMRO Future Cup 2018 best player award.
League summary (as for 26 June 2018):
No senior team appearances yet.
Nicolo Fagioli joined Juventus youth system in 2015 from Cremonese. In 2018 he was selected as the best player of the very prestigious tournament ABN AMRO Future Cup – annual friendly international youth tournament organized by Ajax Amsterdam. Nicolo is also a regular youth Italian international. In 2018 he was one of Azzurrini’s bigegst stars at 2018 European Under-17 Championship in England, where young Italians got all the way to the final, which they lost to Netherlands.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has potential to become a key player in a top European club.