Full name: Antony Matheus dos Santos
Date of birth: 24/02/2000 (18 years old)
Place of birth: São Paulo (Brazil)
Youth career: São Paulo FC
Current club: São Paulo FC
Squad number: 39
Current national team: —
Position: winger, attacking midfielder
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: Copa São Paulo de Futebol Júnior 2019
Contract until: 01.09.2023
Player’s agent: 4comM
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Ángel Di María
– pace and acceleration
– ball control
– first touch
– defensive contribution
– aerial duels
– ambidexterity/using his weaker right foot
Style of play:
– flamboyant winger
– creative player with great technique on the ball, mobility, acceleration skills, fast direction shifts, short-dribbling and good short-mid through passing ability
– confident and skilful player with good technique, aggressive dribble, good reading of the game and decision making and good off-the-ball movements
– superb coordination, agility and balance
– likes to play in a free attacking role granted the freedom to roam the pitch and find space
– likes to dribble
– likes to use tricks, feints and skills to remain in possession of the ball
– likes to cut inside to the inside of the pitch to either shoot, cross or pass
– likes to have the ball at his feet and help in the build-up
– excellent balance and changes of pace
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and acceleration
– very good vision and playmaking skills
– brilliant futsal like technique and composure in tight spaces
– avoids using weaker foot
He is best suited to playing as:
Right winger in 4-3-3.
Brazilian Cup U20 2018 winner with São Paulo.
Brazilian Super Cup U20 2018 winner with São Paulo.
Copa São Paulo de Futebol Júnior 2019 winner with São Paulo.
Copa São Paulo de Futebol Júnior 2019 best player award.
League summary (as for 27 January 2019):
Campeonato Brasileiro 2018: 3 games/0 goals (São Paulo)
Antony is a product of São Paulo youth system – academy known for its fantastic approach to youth players. In recent years, it has produced great talents, such as Casemiro, Éder Militão, Lucas Moura, David Neres, Gabriel Boschillia and Marquinhos Cipriano. Antony made his Campeonato Brasileiro debut on 15 November 2018 in a game against Grêmio. In January 2019 he was named the best player of a prestigious tournament Copa São Paulo de Futebol Júnior, commonly known as Copinha.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.