Full name: Fábio Daniel Soares Silva
Date of birth: 19/07/2002 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Porto (Portugal)
Youth career: FC Porto, Benfica, FC Porto (since 2017)
Current club: FC Porto
Squad number: —
Current national team: Portugal U-17
Position: centre forward
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2018 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (2/0), UEFA Youth League 2018/2019 (6/4)
Contract until: 30.06.2021
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Ruud van Nistelrooy
– off the ball movement
– link up play
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– goal poacher
– able to act as a target man and also as an off-the-shoulder striker
– player with decent body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– very good agility, pace & coordination for a player of his size
– powerful and determined forward with killer-instinct, interesting technique on the ball, decent dribbling skills and cleverness at his off-the-ball movements
– likes to shoot at every opportunity he gets
– great sense of positioning while receiving through balls
– likes to try to beat offside trap
– generates many flick-ons and passes into the channels for his teammates to utilize
– capable of holding up the ball for teammates to provide them with assists when playing with his back to goal
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and acceleration
– knows how to use his body to shield the ball from defenders thanks to his technique, cleverness and ball control
– able to sniff out a goal in any situation
– accurate penalty taker
– likes to press and hassle the opposition’s centre-backs effectively/good defensive contribution
He is best suited to playing as:
Centre forward in 4-3-3.
Portuguese U-17 Championship 2017/2018 top scorer.
League summary (as for 17 March 2019):
No senior team appearances yet.
Fábio Silva comes from a very sport-oriented family. His father Jorge is a former footballer, while his older brother, Jorge Junior, is a Lazio player. Fábio is considered to be one of the most talented fowards of his generation in Europe. He is true goal scoring machine for FC Porto youth teams and Portugal youth national teams. Last season he scored 31 goals in 33 games for Porto Under-17 team.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has potential to become a key player in a top European club.