Date of birth: 16/05/2002 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Alkmaar (Netherlands)
Youth career: De Foresters, Ajax Amsterdam (since 2010)
Current club: Ajax Amsterdam
Squad number: —
Current national team: Netherlands U-17
Position: defensive midfielder, central midfielder, attacking midfielder
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: ABN AMRO Future Cup 2018, ABN AMRO Future Cup 2019, UEFA Youth League 2018/2019 (4/1), 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/0), 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (5/0)
Contract until: 30.06.2021
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Toni Kroos
– ball control
– long shots
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– well-rounded, hard-working team player
– known for his versatility and ability to play anywhere in midfield, being comfortable in defensive, attacking and central roles in both a three- or four-man midfield
– likes to play short passes
– elegant and composed under pressure/press resistant player
– knows how to dictate tempo, he’s creative and has the natural ability of an ‘orchestrator’ midfielder who can perform at all of midfield positions, linking up the team’s midfield and attack with ease and effectiveness
– possesses excellent technique on the ball, vision, decision taking on the ball and passing ability at all distances
– cultured passer with a proclivity for breaking the lines with intricate vertical balls
– able to make effective late runs into opposite penalty box lurking for a chance to exploit his good shooting skills
– determined in defensive phase with good anticipation sense to provide key interceptions, clearances and tackles
– competent direct/indirect set-piece taker
– very good ambidexterity using his right weaker foot
– tactically astute and technically capable of playing in various tactical systems
– finds himself best in positional attack
– very accomplished for his age
He is best suited to playing as:
Central midfielder in 4-3-3.
ABN Amro Future Cup 2018 winner with Ajax.
2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship winner with Netherlands.
League summary (as for 2 June 2019):
Eerste Divisie 2018/2019: 1 game/0 goals (Jong Ajax)
Kenneth Taylor is a product of De Toekomst – famous Ajax’s youth academy. He is a member of a very talented generation of Ajax players born in 2002 which includes, among others Brian Brobbey, Sontje Hansen, Calvin Raatsie, Jaymillio Pinas, Anass Salah-Eddine and Neraysho Kasanwirjo. Despite being only 17, he is already a regular at U19 level for Ajax. In 2019, he was the captain and one of the leaders of the Netherlands U-17 national team, which won the European Under-17 Championship in great style.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has potential to become a key player in a top European club.