Date of birth: 18/07/2001 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Netherlands
Youth career: ASWH, FC Dordrecht, Feyenoord Rotterdam (since 2017)
Current club: Feyenoord Rotterdam
Squad number: —
Current national team: Netherlands U-19
Position: central defender, left-back
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2018 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/0), 2018 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (5/0)
Contract until: 30.06.2021
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Jan Vertonghen
– tackling and intercepting
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– technically gifted and tactically versatile central defender
– player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– able to play as a left back as well, making him a more versatile and well-rounded player
– modern defender, who combines strength with good technique and passing
– already very accomplished for his age
– strong left foot also helps in the balance of the team when paired up with a right-footer
– feels comfortable and has a good composure on the ball, making part of the team’s build-up process at the first instances
– able to play in a three-man defensive line system
– well-fit, hard-working, and quick at anticipating the movement of the opponents
– known for his composure, elegance, ball playing ability, and confidence in possession
– accurate, concentrate and tenacious tackler
– likes to spread play with good long-range diagonals
– dominant in the air
– high tackling and interception rate
– able to control the threat of the attacker without causing an imbalance in the defensive line
– natural leader
He is best suited to playing as:
Central defender in 4-3-3.
2018 UEFA European Under-17 Championship winner with Netherlands.
League summary (as for 10 June 2019):
No senior team appearances yet.
Ramon Hendriks joined Feyenoord academy in 2017 – youth system famous for its high quality, and in the past years players like Dutch internationals Robin van Persie, Stefan de Vrij, Georginio Wijnaldum, Vincent Janssen & Bruno Martins Indi. Ramon is a part of a very talented generation of Feyenoord U-19 players wchich includes Naoufal Bannis, Cheick Toure, Wouter Burger, Splinter de Mooij, Crysencio Summerville and Marouan Azarkan. In 2018, he has been an integral part of Kees van Wonderen’s side at the UEFA European Under-17 Championship, where Oranje won a gold medal.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.