Date of birth: 18/06/2002 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Senegal
Youth career: Cneps Excellence
Current club: Cneps Excellence
Squad number: —
Current national team: Senegal U-20
Position: central defender
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 150.000 €
Tournaments participated in: 2019 Africa U-20 Cup of Nations, 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup (5/0)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Samuel Umtiti
– tackling and intercepting
– needs to improve his physicality
Style of play:
– complete, elegant and dominant centre-back
– great at finding passes through both the first and second line of pressing from the opposition
– known for his composure, positioning, good timing, confidence in possession, understanding of the game and an above-average technical capacity
– strong left foot also helps in the balance of the team when paired up with a right-footer
– fast, and agile player, with excellent reactions
– very good vision and passing skills also when it comes to breaking the lines with laser passes
– tenacious in duels and confident at high speed
– dominant in the air despite his height/very good jumping and agility
– high tackling and interception rate
– concentrated, determined and commited player with very good rate of individual and collective work
– good ambidexterity using his right weaker foot
He is best suited to playing as:
Central defender in 4-3-3.
2019 Africa U-20 Cup of Nations runner-up with Senegal.
2019 Africa U-20 Cup of Nations Player of the Tournament.
League summary (as for 16 June 2019):
No senior team appearances yet.
Moussa Ndiaye is one of the most talented youngsters in Senegal. He is a part of the new wave of highly talented Senegalese players which includes, among others Dion Lopy, Amadou Sagna, Ousseynou Diagne, Ibrahima Niane and Ibrahima Drame. At the age of just 16 Moussa was named Player of the Tournament at the 2019 Africa U-20 Cup of Nations.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has potential to become a key player in a top European club.