Date of birth: 13/06/2003 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Zaandam (Netherlands)
Youth career: OFC Zaandam, Ajax Amsterdam (since 2011)
Current club: Ajax Amsterdam
Squad number: —
Current national team: Netherlands U-17
Position: attacking midfielder, winger
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: UEFA Youth League 2018/2019 (4/1), 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/1), 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (5/2)
Contract until: 30.06.2022
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Isco
– ball control
– long shots
– aerial duels
Style of play:
– advanced playmaker/number ’10’
– likes to be fielded in a free role as an attacking midfielder, where he is given space to roam the pitch
– intelligent player, who finds the space well between the lines
– likes to roam around in the space between the opposition’s midfield and defence
– creative player with very good technical ability, 1vs1 short-dribbling skills, close ball control, fast direction shifts in possession and vision to make through passes to the teammates providing dynamism to the team’s last offensive third plays
– capable both of creating chances for team-mates, as well as scoring goals himself, due to his vision and ability to play off of other players
– likes to dribble
– likes to shoot from distance
– holds good skill, pace and low center of gravity
– possesses good mid-range and long-range shooting skills
– known for his “quick feet”, speed of movement and dynamism
– creative at his off-the-ball movements, and likes to find the best space to receive the ball with good timings, linking up the team’s midfield and attack
– able to deliver pin-point passes and crosses
– able to produce powerful and dangerous runs up field on the counter attack
– possesses powerful and accurate mid-range and long-range shooting skills
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in tight spaces/press-resistant player
– plays with a natural flair and is dangerous in the box
– very strong in 1v1 situations, unpredictable and very confident of his skills
– often makes surging runs into penalty box
– decent ambidexterity using his left weaker foot
– competent set-piece taker
He is best suited to playing as:
Attacking midfielder in 4-2-3-1.
Future Cup 2018 winner with Ajax.
Future Cup 2018 top scorer.
2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship winner with Netherlands.
League summary (as for 30 June 2019):
No senior team appearances yet.
Naci Ünüvar is considered to be the most talented player at Ajax’s famous youth academy along with Ryan Gravenberch. He showed himself to a wider crowd at ABN AMRO Future Cup 2018 – prestigious friendly international youth tournament organized by Ajax Amsterdam – where he scored twice in the final and brought his total to 5 goals becoming the top scorer of the tournament. On 19 September 2018 he became the UEFA Youth League’s youngest ever goal scorer as he converted a late penalty during a 6-0 victory over AEK Athens.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
World class potential.