Date of birth: 08/03/2002 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Vimercate (Italy)
Youth career: AC Milan
Current club: AC Milan
Squad number: —
Current national team: Italy U-17
Position: centre forward
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2018 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (2/1), 2018 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (4/0), 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/0), 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (3/3)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Christian Vieri
– physical strength
– hold-up play
– ball control
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– target man/goal poacher
– tall player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– powerful and determined forward with killer-instinct, interesting technique on the ball, decent dribbling skills and cleverness at his off-the-ball movements
– good agility, coordination and reasonably good pace for a player of his size
– likes to shoot at every opportunity he gets
– likes to play with back to goal
– often uses his strength and aerial presence to bring teammates into play
– indirect set-piece threat
– aerial threat in the opposition box
– generates many flick-ons and passes into the channels for his teammates to utilize
– possesses very impressive mid-range and long-range shooting skills with his left foot
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in tight spaces/under pressure
– capable of holding up the ball for teammates to provide them with assists when playing with his back to goal/good ability to connect with midfield
– knows how to use his body to shield the ball from defenders thanks to his technique, strength and ball control
– able to sniff out a goal in any situation
– often moves deep into midfield and drawing defenders with him, in order to create and exploit spaces for his teammates
– dependable option while defending set pieces
He is best suited to playing as:
Centre forward in 4-3-3.
2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship runner-up with Italy.
League summary (as for 7 July 2019):
No senior team appearances yet.
Lorenzo Colombo is a product of AC Milan academy – youth system has been responsible for producing some of Milan’s greatest ever players, including Paolo Maldini, Franco Baresi, Demetrio Albertini and Alessandro Costacurta, as well as several players, in recent years, who have managed to become regular players in the Serie A. Lorenzo showed himself to a wider crowd at the 2018 European Under-17 Championship, where he played in 4 games despite being one year younger than most of the players. One year later, he went to the 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship, where Italians lost to Netherlands in the final, in which Lorenzo scored two beautiful goals.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has potential to become a key player in a top European club.