Date of birth: 02/07/2002 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Castellammare di Stabia (Italy)
Youth career: Inter
Current club: Inter
Squad number: 70
Current national team: Italy U-17
Position: attacking midfielder, second striker, centre forward
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/2), 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (6/3)
Contract until: 30.06.2022
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Robert Lewandowski
– set pieces
– off the ball movement
– hold-up play
– ball control
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– complete forward
– tall player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– powerful and determined forward with killer-instinct, interesting technique on the ball, decent dribbling skills and cleverness at his off-the-ball movements
– good agility, coordination and reasonably good pace for a player of his size
– unselfish player with good playmaking skills
– likes to shoot at every opportunity he gets
– likes to play with back to goal
– likes to come a bit deeper to get the ball/can also act as a second striker or trequartista
– generates many flick-ons and passes into the channels for his teammates to utilize
– possesses very impressive mid-range and long-range shooting skills
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in tight spaces/under pressure
– capable of holding up the ball for teammates to provide them with assists when playing with his back to goal/good ability to connect with midfield
– knows how to use his body to shield the ball from defenders thanks to his technique, strength and ball control
– able to sniff out a goal in any situation
– often moves deep into midfield and drawing defenders with him, in order to create and exploit spaces for his teammates
– direct & indirect set-piece specialist
He is best suited to playing as:
Centre forward in 4-3-3.
2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship runner-up with Italy.
Italian Championship U-17 2018/2019 winner with Inter.
Italian Championship U-17 2018/2019 top scorer.
Italian Super Cup U-17 2018/2019 winner with Inter.
League summary (as for 18 August 2019):
No senior team appearances yet.
Sebastiano Esposito is considered to be one of the most talented teenagers in Western Europe. He made his professional debut for Inter on 14 March 2019, in the second leg of Europa League Round of 16 matches against Eintracht Frankfurt, coming in as a substitute for Borja Valero in the 73rd minute. He became the first player born in 2002 to feature in a Champions League or Europa League game, and the youngest player playing for F.C. Internazionale in the European competitions.
“It’s important that you always give your best, 110 per cent in every drill. The Coach asks a lot from us and expects a lot but we’re happy to work hard. I’m used to it and it’s important that you can make sacrifices for the good of the team. My next personal goal? I dream of making my Sere A debut, I know that I‘ll have to work hard and the road is still long but I hope that it can come true.”
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
World class potential.