Full name: Eduardo Filipe Quaresma Vieira Coimbra Simões
Date of birth: 02/03/2002 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Barreiro (Portugal)
Youth career: Sporting CP
Current club: Sporting CP
Squad number: —
Current national team: Portugal U-17
Position: central defender
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/0), 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (4/0)
Contract until: 30.06.2022
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Toby Alderweireld
– tackling and intercepting
– ability to read the game
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– dominant, technically gifted and elegant central defender
– player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– thanks to his passing ability, vision and football IQ he is able to play as a defensive midfielder as well, making him a more versatile and well-rounded player
– fast and agile with good coordination
– modern defender, who combines strength with good technique and passing
– already very accomplished for his age
– feels very comfortable and has a good composure on the ball, making part of the team’s build-up process at the first instances
– well-fit, hard-working, and quick at anticipating the movement of the opponents
– known for his composure, elegance, ball playing ability, and confidence in possession
– accurate, concentrate and tenacious tackler
– dominant in the air
– high tackling and interception rate
– natural leader
He is best suited to playing as:
Central defender in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 1 September 2019):
No senior team appearances yet.
Eduardo Quaresma is a product of a famous Sporting CP youth system – one of the most highly regarded academies in Portugal and Europe which raised such great footballers like Luis Figo, Simao Sabrosa, Ricardo Quaresma, Cristiano Ronaldo & Nani. He is considered to be one of the most talented defenders in Europe. In 2019, he was the captain and one of the leaders of Portugal U-17 national team which made it to the quarter-final of European Under-17 Championship.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has potential to become a key player in a top European club.