Date of birth: 20/09/2002 (17 years old)
Place of birth: England
Youth career: Arsenal
Current club: Arsenal
Squad number: —
Current national team: England U-19
Position: defensive midfielder, central midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/0), 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (3/0)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Axel Witsel
– tactical intelligence
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– modern-day defensive midfielder
– midfield controller
– player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– tactically intelligent, versatile and charismatic midfielder, gifted with good ball skills, mobility, distribution, vision, and ability to read the game
– cultured passer with a proclivity for breaking the lines with intricate vertical balls
– likes to spread play with good long-range diagonals
– excellent range of passing
– very good in combination play
– good mobility, doesn’t stick to position and knows when to join the attack
– provides many key interceptions, clearances, and tackles for his team thanks to his good anticipation sense and defensive reliability
– knows how to dictate tempo, he’s creative and has the natural ability of an ‘orchestrator’ midfielder who can perform at all of midfield positions, linking up the team’s midfield and attack with ease and effectiveness
– extraordinary sense of what is happening on the pitch and both scan constantly, looking around to know where the opposition, their own team, and the space is
– great composure and confidence on the ball
– constantly asking for the ball and often is an additional passing option
– finds himself best in positional attack
– high number of touches and passes per game
– competent set-piece taker
Azeez dictating the tempo and orchestrating moves of his team.
Azeez starts his team’s attack with a brilliant breaking line pass.
He is best suited to playing as:
Defensive midfielder in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 13 October 2019):
No senior team appearances yet.
Miguel Azeez is a product of Arsenal’s youth academy. He is a part of a new wave of highly talented Hale End’s academy graduates such as Emile Smith Rowe, Sam Greenwood, Bukayo Saka, Reiss Nelson, Joe Willock, Folarin Balogun & Tyreece John-Jules. In 2019, he featured on a list entitled “Next Generation 2019: 20 of the best talents at Premier League clubs” by The Guardian.
“Azeez was picked to star in an Adidas Predator TV advert last March, alongside Zinedine Zidane, David Beckham and Paul Pogba, but it is on the pitch where he has demanded attention. A deep-lying midfielder who it is felt can play further forward, he is blessed with fine technique, a range of passing, a fierce shot and an ability to break the opposition press. An England youth international, he is already knocking on the door of Arsenal’s under-23s. Azeez looks up to Bukayo Saka and believes he can follow him on the pathway from the club’s Hale End academy to the first team.”
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has potential to become a key player in a top European club.