Date of birth: 10/01/2001 (18 years old)
Place of birth: Prešov (Slovakia)
Youth career: 1. FC Tatran Prešov, MŠK Žilina (since 2016)
Current club: MŠK Žilina
Squad number: 21
Current national team: Slovakia U-21
Position: central midfielder, attacking midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 150.000 €
Tournaments participated in: 2021 UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualifying (2/1)
Contract until: 30.06.2022
Player’s agent: Stars & Friends
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Kevin De Bruyne
– ball control
– positional sense
– defensive contribution
Style of play:
– advanced playmaker
– can also play as a midfield playmaker/number ‘8’
– known for his vision, dribbling skills and mobility
– likes to play short passes
– player that always tries to find a vertical option in his game, so he is very capable of pushing his team forward to finishing positions
– often drops deeper to pick up the ball, participate in the build-up of plays, and create chances for his teammates, courtesy of his good vision and passing ability
– able to make effective late runs into opposite penalty box lurking for a chance to exploit his shooting skills with his right preferred foot
– possesses good mid-range and long-range shooting skills
– very skilled in the finish with his right foot/impeccable off the ball movement in the final third
– creative at his off-the-ball movements, and likes to find the best space to receive the ball with good timings, linking up the team’s midfield and attack
– has the technique, ability and confidence to execute the killer pass and set-up goal-scoring opportunities for his teammates
Bernat scores with a beautiful backheel.
Bernat makes an effective late run into the opposite penalty box and scores with a great right-foot finish.
He is best suited to playing as:
Attacking midfielder in 4-2-3-1.
League summary (as for 17 October 2019):
Slovak Super Liga 2018/2019: 7 games/0 goals (Žilina)
Slovak Super Liga 2019/2020 (ongoing): 10 games/6 goals (Žilina)
Ján Bernát joined MŠK Žilina youth academy from 1. FC Tatran Prešov in 2016. Žilina produced many Slovakian internationals in recent years such as Milan Škriniar, Denis Vavro, Martin Dubravka and Dávid Hancko. Ján made his first team debut for Žilina during 18/19 season in a league fixture against FC ViOn Zlaté Moravce. This year he has established himself as a first-team regular and scored an impressive 6 goals in just 10 Slovak Super Liga games. He is also one of the youngest members of Slovakia U-21 team.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.