Date of birth: 20/02/2002 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Carate Brianza (Italy)
Youth career: Inter
Current club: Inter
Squad number: —
Current national team: Italy U-17
Position: central defender
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 400.000 €
Tournaments participated in: 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/0), 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (6/1), UEFA Youth League 2019/2020 (2/0), 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup (4/1)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Aymeric Laporte
– tackling and intercepting
– aerial duels
– fairly good coordination, pace, and agility for a player of his size, but he still may struggle a bit in front of skillful players with fast direction shifts/great acceleration skills at short distances
Style of play:
– technically gifted and tactically versatile central defender
– player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– modern defender, who combines strength with good technique and passing
– very accomplished for his age
– likes to make sliding tackles
– strong left foot also helps in the balance of the team when paired up with a right-footer
– feels comfortable and has a good composure on the ball, making part of the team’s build-up process in the first instances
– able to play in a three-man defensive line system, especially as a left centre-back
– well-fit, hard-working, and quick at anticipating the movement of the opponents
– known for his composure, elegance, ball-playing ability, and confidence in possession
– accurate, concentrate and tenacious tackler
– likes to spread play with good long-range diagonals
– extremely dominant in the air
– aerial threat in the opposition box
– high tackling and interception rate
– able to control the threat of the attacker without causing an imbalance in the defensive line
– natural leader
Pirola feeling very comfortable in a three-man defence as a left centre-back.
Pirola with a great timing tackle.
He is best suited to playing as:
Central defender in 4-3-3.
Italian U-17 Championship 2018/2019 winner with Inter.
Italian U-17 Super Cup 2018/2019 winner with Inter.
2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship runner-up with Italy.
League summary (as for 18 November 2019):
No senior team appearances yet.
Lorenzo Pirola is a product of the Internazionale youth academy. He is one of the leaders of a very talented generation of Inter academy players born in 2002 which includes, among others Sebastiano Esposito, Riccardo Boscolo Chio, Lorenzo Moretti, Gaetano Oristanio, Nicholas Bonfanti, Niccolò Squizzato, and Filip Stankovic. Despite being only 17, he has played over 35 games for Italian youth national teams and represented his country at 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship and 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.