Full name: Beñat Turrientes Imaz
Date of birth: 31/01/2002 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Beasain (Spain)
Youth career: Real Sociedad
Current club: Real Sociedad
Squad number: —
Current national team: Spain U-17
Position: defensive midfielder, central midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/1), 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (4/0), 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup (5/0)
Contract until: 30.06.2021
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Toni Kroos
– tactical intelligence
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– midfield controller
– well-rounded, hard-working team player
– likes to play short passes
– elegant and composed under pressure/press resistant player
– knows how to dictate tempo, he’s creative and has the natural ability of an ‘orchestrator’ midfielder who can perform at all midfield positions, linking up the team’s midfield and attack with ease and effectiveness
– possesses excellent technique on the ball, vision, decision taking on the ball and passing ability at all distances
– cultured passer with a proclivity for breaking the lines with intricate vertical balls
– perfectly combines qualities of creative and defensive midfielder
– superb understanding of the game and good defensive positioning
– very intelligent player with an excellent range of passing, extremely aware of the geometry of games
– decent ambidexterity using his left weaker foot
– tactically astute and technically capable of playing in various tactical systems
– finds himself best in positional attack
– very accomplished for his age
Turrientes stays calm under pressure – dribbles past his opponent and plays a good forward pass.
Turrientes advances with the ball, dribbles past his opponent and then passes the ball to his left-back.
He is best suited to playing as:
Central midfielder in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 24 November 2019):
No senior team appearances yet.
Beñat Turrientes is a product of Real Sociedad youth system – one of the most highly regarded academies in Spain and Europe which produced many superb footballers in recent years such as Antoine Griezmann, Mikel Oyarzabal, Iñigo Martínez, Álvaro Odriozola, Igor Zubeldia, and Asier Illarramendi. Beñat is a regular Spanish youth international and already represented his country at the 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship and 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.