Full name: Tomás Lago Pontes Esteves
Date of birth: 03/04/2002 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
Youth career: FC Porto
Current club: FC Porto
Squad number: 2
Current national team: Portugal U-19
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: UEFA Youth League 2018/2019 (6/0), UEFA Youth League 2019/2020 (3/1), 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (2/0), 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (2/0), 2021 UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualifying (1/0)
Contract until: 30.06.2021
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Achraf Hakimi
– pace and acceleration
– movement with and off the ball
– still has a margin to improve the quality of his crosses
Style of play:
– complete full-back
– player with a good body mass ratio that feels comfortable in the physical duels and knows how to use his body well to gain advantage
– able to play as a wing-back in 3-5-2
– very good agility, strength, and coordination, with great pace at all distances
– often looks to burst forward to offer width to the attacking movement in the final third
– likes to cut inside into midfield and make combinations with his teammates/help in the build-up
– prefers to operate in the half-space rather than hugging the touchline
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and acceleration
– really good passing quality and technique
– endless energy and his powerful running make him an incredibly useful asset as he brings an offensive value to a team, with a lot of activity during 90 minutes on the right side
– tactically astute and technically capable of playing in various tactical systems
– courageous, tenacious and willing to sacrifice
– strong, energetic, consistent, aggressive and hard tackling player
– great timing and game reading ability when going forward
Estevez cuts inside and plays a great through ball to assist his teammate.
Estevez cuts inside into midfield and plays a great through ball to the left-back.
He is best suited to playing as:
Right-back in 4-3-3.
UEFA Youth League 2018/2019 winner with Porto.
League summary (as for 30 September 2019):
Segunda Liga 2019/2020 (ongoing): 8 games/0 goals (Porto B)
Tomás Esteves is a product of FC Porto youth academy. He is a part of a new wave of highly talented Porto teenagers which includes, among others Fábio Silva, Romário Baró, Fábio Vieira, Vítor Ferreira, Afonso Sousa, Francisco Conceição and Levi Faustino. During the 2018/2019 season, he was an important member of the team that won the UEFA Youth League. He made his first-team debut on 5 December 2019 in Taça da Liga game against Casa Pia. He is also a regular Portuguese international and despite being only 17 he already made his debut for Portugal U-21 team.
“Has been with Porto since 2011 and was promoted to the first team this season. He was given the legendary No 2 shirt, which has been worn by captains João Pinto, Jorge Costa and Bruno Alves in the past. He was a member of the team that won the Uefa Youth League last season and is a player that has a seemingly inexhaustible energy. His technical ability is superb and he is also tactically intelligent and a modern right-back in the way that he can stay wide but also go inside to find space if needed.”
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.
Dibba Al-Hisn Sports Club, United Arab Emirates is open once again for “Football Trial & Signing” of foreign players. Contact us with below WhatsApp Number or Email address for your Trial Application Form….
WhatsApp: +971522927012….Email: firstname.lastname@example.org