Date of birth: 18/01/2002 (18 years old)
Place of birth: Amsterdam (Netherlands)
Youth career: Blauw-Wit Amsterdam, AFC Amsterdam, AZ Alkmaar, Ajax Amsterdam (since 2018)
Current club: Ajax Amsterdam
Squad number: —
Current national team: Netherlands U-18
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: UEFA Youth League 2018/2019 (3/0), UEFA Youth League 2019/2020 (4/0), 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (2/0), 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (6/1), 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup (5/0)
Contract until: 30.06.2021
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Filipe Luís
– pace and acceleration
– ball control
Style of play:
– complete full-back
– creative player with great technical ability, 1vs1 short-dribbling skills, close ball control and fast direction shifts in possession
– can also play as a centre-back if needed
– very good at breaking down opposition plays due to his positional sense, defensive attributes, tactical intelligence, and ability to read the game
– impacts the game at both the ends of the pitch
– equally competent offensively as defensively
– very comfortable & elegant with the ball at his feet
– known for his understanding of the game & an above-average technical capacity
– great timing and game reading ability when going forward
– likes to be involved to build-up process thanks to his great technique, tactical intelligence & passing ability at all distances
– endless energy and his powerful running make him an incredibly useful asset as he brings an offensive value to a team, with a lot of activity during 90 minutes in the left side
– able to deliver pinpoint passes and crosses
– provides fluidity and dynamism going forward
– tactically astute and technically capable of playing in various demanding tactical systems
– fairly good in the air
– perfect for a possession-based game
Salah-Eddine receives the ball in the half-space and sends a good through ball to his teammate.
Salah-Eddine makes a feint and sends a smart pass into the penalty area to his teammate.
He is best suited to playing as:
Left-back in 4-3-3.
2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship winner with Netherlands.
Eredivisie U-19 2018/2019 winner with Ajax.
2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup top scorer.
League summary (as for 10 February 2020):
Eerste Divisie 2019/2020 (ongoing): 1 game/0 goals (Jong Ajax)
Anass Salah-Eddine joined De Toekomst – famous Ajax Amsterdam youth academy – in 2018 from AZ Alkmaar. Anass is a part of a very talented generation of Dutch players born in 2002 which includes Naoufal Bannis, Ryan Gravenberch, Sontje Hansen, Brian Brobbey, Mohammed Ihattaren, Ki-Jana Hoever, Kenneth Taylor and Jayden Braaf.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.