Pape Matar Sarr
Date of birth: 14/09/2002 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Senegal
Youth career: Génération Foot
Current club: Génération Foot
Squad number: 8
Current national team: Senegal U-17
Position: central midfielder, attacking midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2019 Africa U-17 Cup of Nations (3/0), 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup (3/3)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Yaya Touré
– ball control
– long shots
– tall and skinny – should work on his physicality and coordination
Style of play:
– box-to-box midfielder
– intelligent player, who finds the space well between the lines
– creative player with very good technical ability, 1vs1 short-dribbling skills, close ball control, fast direction shifts in possession and vision to make through passes to the teammates providing dynamism to the team’s last offensive third plays
– known for his versatility and ability to play anywhere in midfield, being comfortable in defensive, attacking and central roles in both a three- or four-man midfield
– well-rounded, hard-working team player
– excellent range of passing
– possesses good mid-range and long-range shooting skills
– quick despite being so tall, which allows him to make dynamic dribbling movements and cover large amounts of space
– creative at his off-the-ball movements, and likes to find the best space to receive the ball with good timings, linking up the team’s midfield and attack
– player that always tries to find a vertical option in his game, so he is very capable of pushing his team forward to finishing positions
– able to deliver pinpoint passes and crosses
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in tight spaces/press-resistant player
– very good at recovering from mistakes thanks to his long legs and determination
– often makes surging runs into the penalty box
– good ambidexterity when using his left weaker foot
– competent set-piece taker
Sarr drops deep to pick up the ball and participates in the build-up.
Sarr runs with the ball and plays a great through ball to assist his teammate.
He is best suited to playing as:
Central midfielder in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 18 February 2020):
No senior team appearances yet.
Pape Matar Sarr is a product of Génération Foot academy – one of the most highly regarded academies in Africa which produced many superb footballers in recent years such as Sadio Mané, Ismaïla Sarr, Habib Diallo, and Ibrahima Niane. He is a part of a very interesting generation of Senegalese players born in 2002 which includes, among others Moussa Ndiaye, Dion Lopy, Niakhate Ndiaye and Cheikhou Ndiaye. Pape represented his country at the 2019 Africa U-17 Cup of Nations and 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.