Date of birth: 28/09/2002 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Vallo della Lucania (Italy)
Youth career: Inter
Current club: Inter
Squad number: —
Current national team: Italy U-18
Position: attacking midfielder, winger
Preferred foot: both
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup (4/1), UEFA Youth League 2019/2020 (4/3)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: David Silva
– ball control
– defensive contribution
Style of play:
– advanced playmaker
– likes to be fielded in a free role as an attacking midfielder, where he is given space to roam the pitch
– intelligent player, who finds the space well between the lines
– likes to roam around in the space between the opposition’s midfield and defence
– creative player with very good technical ability, 1vs1 short-dribbling skills, close ball control, fast direction shifts in possession and vision to make through passes to the teammates providing dynamism to the team’s last offensive third plays
– capable both of creating chances for team-mates, as well as scoring goals himself, due to his vision and ability to play off of other players
– able to get out of various different scenarios, able to play wide and go direct, or being central and cutting through the lines/difference-maker
– player that always tries to find a vertical option in his game, so he is very capable of pushing his team forward to finishing positions
– likes to dribble
– likes to shoot from distance
– possesses very good mid-range and long-range shooting skills
– known for his accurate long-distance shooting ability
– creative at his off-the-ball movements, and likes to find the best space to receive the ball with good timings, linking up the team’s midfield and attack
– able to deliver pinpoint passes and crosses
– very strong in 1v1 situations, unpredictable and very confident of his skills
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in tight spaces/press-resistant player
– often makes surging runs into the penalty box
– equally useful in combinational and counterattacking style
– direct and indirect set-piece specialist
Oristanio with his trademark free-kick goal.
Oristanio with a great run down the right flank and assist to his teammate.
He is best suited to playing as:
Attacking midfielder in 4-2-3-1.
Italian Championship U-16 2017/2018 winner with Inter.
Italian Championship U-17 2018/2019 winner with Inter.
Italian Super Cup U-17 2019 winner with Inter.
League summary (as for 21 February 2020):
No senior team appearances yet.
Gaetano Oristanio is a product of Internazionale youth academy. He is a part of a very successful generation of Inter players which includes, among others Sebastiano Esposito, Lorenzo Pirola, Nicholas Bonfanti, Edoardo Vergani, Niccolò Squizzato, Lorenzo Colombini and Filip Stankovic. Gaetano is also a regular Italian youth international and in 2019 he represented his country at the 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.