Date of birth: 28/03/2002 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Scotland
Youth career: Rangers FC
Current club: Rangers FC
Squad number: 70
Current national team: Scotland U-19
Position: attacking midfielder, winger
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: Al Kass International Cup 2019, 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/0)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Franck Ribery
– ball control
– aerial duels
– defensive contribution
Style of play:
– explosive winger
– creative player with good technique on the ball, mobility, acceleration skills, fast direction shifts, short-dribbling and good short-mid through passing ability
– likes to dribble
– likes to play a direct style by running straight at defenders with pace
– often uses his skills and speed to beat defenders, cut inside and create himself a decent opportunity to score from
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and acceleration
– can rapidly speed-up the game by dribbling, and in the final third he offers cross or finishing solution due to his ability in 1v1 duels
– plays with a natural flair and is dangerous in the box
– known for his “quick feet”, speed of movement and close control
– very strong in 1v1 situations, unpredictable and very confident of his skills
– excellent balance, coordination, and changes of pace
– gets fouled often
– all-action and energetic
Kennedy dribbles past his opponent and scores with a beautiful curling shot.
Kennedy outpaces the opponent’s right-back and sends a dangerous cross into the penalty area.
He is best suited to playing as:
Left winger in 4-3-3.
2019 Scottish Youth Cup winner with Rangers.
Al Kass International Cup 2019 winner with Rangers.
Al Kass International Cup 2019 Player of the Tournament.
League summary (as for 6 March 2020):
No senior team appearances yet.
Kai Kennedy is a product of Rangers FC youth academy. He is considered to be one of the most talented young players in Scotland. He showed himself to a wider crowd at the prestigious Alkass International Cup, where Kai was named as player of the tournament. He made his professional debut for Rangers on 17 January 2020 in a Scottish Cup game against Stranraer FC.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.