Date of birth: 17/11/2003 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Spijkenisse (Netherlands)
Youth career: VV Rozenburg, VV Nieuwenhoorn, Feyenoord (since 2016)
Current club: Feyenoord
Squad number: —
Current national team: Netherlands U-17
Position: right-back, winger
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: 30.06.2023
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Juan Cuadrado
– ball control
– even if he plays as a right-back sometimes his defensive positioning is still improvable
Style of play:
– flamboyant winger
– can also play as a right-back if needed
– player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– creative player with very good technique on the ball, mobility, acceleration skills, fast direction shifts, short-dribbling, and good short-mid through passing ability
– likes to dribble
– likes to play a direct style by running straight at defenders with pace
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and acceleration
– can rapidly speed-up the game by dribbling, and in the final third he offers cross or finishing solution due to his ability in 1v1 duels
– likes to vary his play by hugging the touchline or positioning himself on the halfspaces in order to make quick combinations with teammates
– plays with a natural flair and is dangerous in the box
– able to deliver pinpoint passes and crosses
– very strong in 1v1 situations, unpredictable and very confident of his skills
– excellent balance, coordination, and changes of pace
– very dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and acceleration
– able to dribble with the ball at top speed
– extremely difficult to knock off the ball thanks to his low centre of gravity and excellent close control
– gets fouled often
– all-action and energetic
Benita with a quick feint – he gets fouled and wins a penalty.
Benita scores after a great solo run.
He is best suited to playing as:
Right winger in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 15 June 2020):
No senior team appearances yet.
Mimeirhel Benita joined Feyenoord youth academy from VV Nieuwenhoorn in 2016. He is a part of a very talented generation of Feyenoord players born in 2003 and 2004 which includes, among others Denzel Owusu, Giuliany Lorenzo dos Santos, Guus Baars, Ilyas el Moussaoui, Lamare Bogarde, Kaj van der Veldt, Lennard Hartjes, Jayden Candelaria and Shiloh ‘t Zand. Mimeirhel should be a star and one of the leaders of Feyenoord U-19 team next season.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.