Country: Czech Republic
Date of birth: 21/01/2003 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Czech Republic
Youth career: Králuv Dvur, Tempo Prague, Králuv Dvur, Sparta Prague (since 2017)
Current club: Sparta Prague
Squad number: —
Current national team: Czech Republic U-17
Position: central defender, defensive midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Joel Matip
– aerial duels
– tackling and intercepting
– very tall but skinny – should work on his physicality
Style of play:
– complete, elegant and dominant centre-back
– can also play as a defensive midfielder thanks to his ball skills
– modern defender, who combines strength with good technique and passing
– player with very good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– comfortable to play as a RCB & LCB
– good pace, agility, and coordination for a player of his size
– great at finding passes through both the first and second line of pressing from the opposition
– known for his composure, confidence in possession, understanding of the game and an above-average technical capacity
– very good vision and passing skills also when it comes to breaking the lines with laser passes
– often wins the ball back by outmuscling players thanks to his significant upper-body strength
– accurate and tenacious tackler
– likes to maraud forward
– extremely dominant in the air
– indirect set-piece threat
– concentrated, determined and committed player with a very good rate of individual and collective work
Vitik makes a great timing tackle to block a dangerous cross.
Vitik with a great and precise long diagonal ball to his winger.
He is best suited to playing as:
Central defender in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 21 June 2020):
No senior team appearances yet.
Martin Vitik joined Sparta Prague youth academy from Králuv Dvur in 2017. Vitik and other very talented players such as Adam Karabec, Jakub Drozd, Michal Černák, Jáchym Šíp and Kryštof Daněk are considered to be the most talented players born in 2003 in the Czech Republic.
“One of the biggest talents at Strahov. The 16-year-old tall and pacy centre-defender who is very comfortable with the ball. He is also a massive goal threat from set-pieces.”
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.