Date of birth: 10/01/2003 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Zwedru City (Liberia)
Youth career: Leeds United
Current club: Leeds United
Squad number: —
Current national team: England U-17
Position: central defender, defensive midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: 30.06.2022
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Vincent Kompany
– aerial duels
– tackling and intercepting
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– complete, elegant and dominant centre-back
– modern defender, who combines strength with good technique and passing
– can also play as a defensive midfielder thanks to his ball skills
– player with very good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– able to play in a high defensive line
– good pace, agility, and coordination for a player of his size
– known for his composure, elegance, ball-playing ability and confidence in possession
– great at finding passes through both the first and second line of pressing from the opposition
– very good vision and passing skills also when it comes to breaking the lines with laser passes
– often wins the ball back by outmuscling players thanks to his significant upper-body strength
– accurate and tenacious tackler
– fearless and good at timing tackles
– likes to maraud forward
– extremely dominant in the air
– indirect set-piece threat
– concentrated, determined and committed player with a very good rate of individual and collective work
– good ambidexterity using his left weaker foot
Kenneh advances with the ball and plays a line-breaking pass to his teammate.
Kenneh outpaces his opponent and wins the ball back.
He is best suited to playing as:
Central defender in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 23 July 2020):
No senior team appearances yet.
Nohan Kenneh was born in Liberia but moved to England at the age of 7. He joined Leeds United youth academy in 2014 after impressing during a trial. He signed his first professional contract with the club in 2020 on his 17th birthday. Leeds’ coach Marcelo Bielsa likes to give youth a chance so it seems that first-team debut for such a talented player like Nohan is only a matter of time. He is also a regular English international and currently he is one of the leaders of England U-17 national team.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.