Date of birth: 28/02/2003 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Georgia
Youth career: Dinamo Tbilisi
Current club: Dinamo Tbilisi
Squad number: —
Current national team: Georgia U-17
Position: central midfielder, attacking midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Luka Modrić
– needs to improve his strength to endure stronger players
Style of play:
– roaming playmaker
– player with very good technical ability, mobility, 1vs1 short-dribbling skills, close ball control, and fast direction shifts in possession
– versatile player who is naturally adept in several positions, and is capable of aiding his team defensively as well as offensively
– well-rounded, hard-working team player
– knows how to dictate tempo using his good vision, passing ability at all distances and natural technique to create dynamism on the team’s build-up process
– equally useful in combinational and counterattacking style
– creative at his off-the-ball movements, and likes to find the best space to receive the ball with good timings, linking up the team’s midfield and attack
– his stamina, determination, agility and pace enable him to cover a lot of ground ground
– very comfortable on the ball, with a willingness to play and receive passes along the ground
– constantly asking for the ball and often is an additional passing option
– great composure and retention skills under pressure/press-resistant player
– able to deliver pinpoint passes and crosses
– good reaction to the loss of the ball with good aggressive attitude and good recovery of his position
– determined and tenacious in the defensive phase
– high number of passes and touches per game
– all-action and energetic
Gagnidze provides an assist after a quick combination with his teammate.
Gagnidze charges with the ball forward, stays calm under pressure and makes a good pass to his teammate.
He is best suited to playing as:
Central midfielder in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 7 August 2020):
No senior team appearances yet.
Luka Gagnidze is a product of Dinamo Tbilisi academy – youth system which produced many talented footballers in recent years such as Giorgi Chakvetadze, Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, Zurab Davitashvili, Levan Kharabadze, Nika Ninua and Giorgi Kutsia. Luka has already been promoted to Dinamo’s first-team and his professional debut seems to be only a matter of time. He is also a regular Georgian youth international and currently he is one of the leaders of Georgia U-17 national team.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.