Date of birth: 04/03/2003 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Aix-les-Bains (France)
Youth career: FC Versailles, Paris Saint-Germain (since 2016)
Current club: Paris Saint-Germain
Squad number: —
Current national team: France U-17
Position: defensive midfielder, central midfielder, attacking midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: 30.06.2023
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Thiago Alcântara
– ball control
– needs to improve his strength to endure stronger players
Style of play:
– great agility, flair and coordination
– player with very good technical ability, mobility, 1vs1 short-dribbling skills, close ball control, and fast direction shifts in possession
– well-rounded, hard-working team player
– knows how to dictate tempo using his good vision, passing ability at all distances and natural technique to create dynamism on the team’s build-up process
– equally useful in combinational and counterattacking style
– creative at his off-the-ball movements, and likes to find the best space to receive the ball with good timings, linking up the team’s midfield and attack
– his stamina, determination, agility and pace enable him to cover a lot of ground ground
– very comfortable on the ball, with a willingness to play and receive passes along the ground
– constantly asking for the ball and often is an additional passing option
– great composure and retention skills under pressure/press-resistant player
– able to deliver pinpoint passes and crosses
– good reaction to the loss of the ball with good aggressive attitude and good recovery of his position
– high number of passes and touches per game
– all-action and energetic
Michut with a fantastic through ball.
Michut dribbles past his opponent and starts the counter-attack.
He is best suited to playing as:
Central midfielder in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 20 August 2020):
No senior team appearances yet.
Édouard Michut joined PSG youth academy from FC Versailles in 2016. He is a part of the new wave of highly talented PSG players which includes, among others Soumaïla Coulibaly, El Chadaille Bitshiabu, Xavi Simons, Timothée Pembélé, Kays Ruiz-Atil, Djeidi Gassama, Abdoulaye Kamara and Arnaud Kalimuendo. In summer 2020 Édouard signed his professional contract with PSG despite interest from many big European clubs including FC Barcelona. He made his unofficial debut for Les Parisiens on 5 August 2020 in a friendly game against Sochaux.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.