Full name: Matheus Nascimento de Paula
Date of birth: 03/03/2004 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
Youth career: Botafogo
Current club: Botafogo
Squad number: 23
Current national team: Brazil U-16
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2019 South American Under-15 Football Championship (5/3)
Contract until: 2023
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: Atletico Madrid
Similar type of player: Ruud van Nistelrooy
– off the ball movement
– ball control
– decent in the air but if he improves his heading ability he will become even more dangerous
– needs to work on his physicality to endure stronger defenders and be more ready for professional football
Style of play:
– goal poacher
– very composed finisher capable on both feet
– extremely dangerous in the penalty area
– very good pace, agility and coordination
– likes to shoot at every opportunity he gets
– possesses very impressive mid-range and long-range shooting skills
– constantly on the move looking for space, and usually tries to make runs off the shoulder of the last defender to go through on goal
– knows how to use his body to shield the ball from defenders thanks to his technique and ball control
– great sense of positioning while receiving through balls
– able to sniff out a goal in any situation
– often moves deep into midfield and drawing defenders with him, in order to create and exploit spaces for his teammates
– accurate penalty taker
Matheus Nascimento with fantastic off the ball movement and superb finish.
Matheus Nascimento outpaces defenders, dribbles past the goalkeeper and scores with a smart finish.
He is best suited to playing as:
Centre-forward in 4-3-3.
2019 South American Under-15 Football Championship winner with Brazil.
League summary (as for 2 September 2020):
No senior team appearances yet.
Matheus Nascimento is a product of Botafogo youth academy. Thanks to his fantastic form and many goals for Botafogo youth teams he signed his first contract and was promoted to the first-team. He was named on the bench several times already so his professional debut seems to be only a matter of time. In 2019, Matheus represented his country at the South American Under-15 Football Championship, where young ‘Canarinhos’ won the gold medal and presented a great generation of talented players such as Kaiky Melo, Vinícius Tobías, Arthur Wenderroscky, Robinho and Sávio.
“These first weeks were very good for me because I’m learning a lot here and I believe I’m getting better. Botafogo integrate the first-team with the academy and this is very important because when we go up we feel safer and more comfortable. I am very happy, it’s a childhood dream coming true.”
(Matheus Nascimento after first few weeks in the Botafogo first-team)
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.