Ísak Bergmann Jóhannesson
Date of birth: 23/03/2003 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Sutton Coldfield (England)
Youth career: ÍA Akranes, IFK Norrköping (since 2019)
Current club: IFK Norrköping
Squad number: 27
Current national team: Iceland U-21
Position: central midfielder, attacking midfielder, winger
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 1.000.000 €
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Giovani Lo Celso
– ball control
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– versatile player who can play multiple positions effortless
– intelligent player, who finds the space well between the lines
– creative player with very good technical ability, 1vs1 short-dribbling skills, close ball control, fast direction shifts in possession and vision to make through passes to the teammates providing dynamism to the team’s last offensive third plays
– very good in combination play
– excellent range of passing
– knows how to dictate tempo, he’s creative and has the natural ability of an ‘orchestrator’ midfielder who can perform at all of midfield positions, linking up the team’s midfield and attack
– player that always tries to find a vertical option in his game, so he is very capable of pushing his team forward to finishing positions
– very good at spotting space and his teammates’ runs thanks to his excellent vision and awareness
– able to deliver pinpoint passes and crosses
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in tight spaces/press-resistant player
– tactically astute and technically capable of playing in various tactical systems
– direct and indirect set-piece specialist
After a superb combination with his teammate, Jóhannesson provides a great assist.
Jóhannesson shows his passing and vision – he provides a superb assist to his teammate.
He is best suited to playing as:
Central midfielder in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 26 October 2020):
Allsvenskan 2019: 1 game/0 goals (Norrköping)
Allsvenskan 2020 (ongoing): 23 games/3 goals (Norrköping)
Ísak Bergmann Jóhannesson moved to IFK Norrköping from ÍA Akranes in 2019. He is considered to be the most talented Icelandic teenager at the moment. Ísak is the son of Jóhannes Karl Guðjónsson, former international. His cousin through his mother is Oliver Stefánsson, who is also contracted to Norrköping. This season he has been in amazing form in Allsvenskan – he scored 3 goals and provided 8 assists in 23 games so far.
“His grandfather, Gudjon Thordarson, is one of the most famous coaches in Iceland history, who worked at Stoke and Barnsley among others. His father, Joey Gudjónsson, represented his country 34 times and had a good spell at Leicester. His uncles are famous too, especially Thordur Gudjonsson, who was one of the best Icelandic players of his generation. It is hardly surprising, therefore, that Ísak Bergmann Jóhannesson is showing immense potential. In fact, he could become the brightest star of his legendary family. The versatile midfielder, who is usually used on the right flank but can easily play on the left or centrally, has become absolutely integral at Norrköping, providing three goals and six assists in just 21 Allsvenskan matches. His left foot is phenomenal, and Juventus are reportedly following his progress closely.”
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.