Date of birth: 28/03/2003 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Ravenna (Italy)
Youth career: AS Cesena, Atalanta (since 2017)
Current club: Atalanta
Squad number: —
Current national team: Italy U-17
Position: defensive midfielder, central midfielder, attacking midfielder
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (2/0), 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (5/1), 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup (3/0)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Giovani Lo Celso
– needs to improve his strength to endure stronger players
Style of play:
– creative and versatile box-to-box midfielder
– player with very good technical ability, mobility, 1vs1 short-dribbling skills, close ball control, and fast direction shifts in possession
– versatile player who is naturally adept in several positions, and is capable of aiding his team defensively as well as offensively
– well-rounded, hard-working team player
– knows how to dictates tempo using his good vision, passing ability at all distances and natural technique to create dynamism on the team’s build-up process
– able to make effective late runs into opposite penalty box lurking for a chance to exploit his shooting skills
– equally useful in combinational and counterattacking style
– creative at his off-the-ball movements, and likes to find the best space to receive the ball with good timings, linking up the team’s midfield and attack
– very comfortable on the ball, with a willingness to play and receive passes along the ground
– able to deliver pinpoint passes and crosses
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in tight spaces/press-resistant player
– good reaction to the loss of the ball with good aggressive attitude, and good recovery of his position
– competent set-piece taker
Giovane stays calm under pressure and makes a great line-breaking pass to his forward.
Giovane makes a great run through the middle of the pitch and sends a dangerous shot on goal with his weaker foot.
He is best suited to playing as:
Central midfielder in 4-2-3-1.
2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship runner-up with Italy.
League summary (as for 30 October 2020):
No senior team appearances yet.
Samuel Giovane joined Atalanta youth academy from AS Cesena in 2017. He is part of a very strong Atalanta U-19 team along with other talented players such as Emmanuel Gyabuaa, Giorgio Scalvini, Federico Zuccon, Alessandro Cortinovis, Andrea Olivieri, Andrea Ceresoli, Matteo Ruggeri, Simone Panada and Alessio Rosa. In 2019, despite being one year younger than most of his teammates, Samuel represented his country at the European Under-17 Championship, where Azzurrini won a silver medal.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.