Full name: João Gabriel Martins Peglow
Date of birth: 07/01/2002 (18 years old)
Place of birth: Porto Alegre (Brazil)
Youth career: Internacional
Squad number: 31
Current national team: —
Position: winger, second striker, striker
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 2.000.000 €
Tournaments participated in: 2019 South American U-17 Championship (2/1), 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup (7/3)
Contract until: 31.12.2023
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Diogo Jota
– off the ball movement
Style of play:
– shadow striker
– versatile & mobile forward who is capable of playing anywhere along the front line
– pacey striker with good technique on the ball, mobility, first touch, acceleration skills, fast direction shifts, short-dribbling, and good short-mid through passing ability
– superb off the ball intelligence to recognise spaces where to receive/run into
– very composed finisher capable on both feet
– always alert to capitalize on some opposite defensive mistakes
– great sense of positioning while receiving through balls
– excellent balance, footwork, and changes of pace
– likes to start his runs from deep and attack space
– likes to attack from the left wing and cut inside
– extremely difficult to knock off the ball thanks to his low center of gravity and excellent close control
– very skillful at beating his markers and evading pressure
– known for his tricky off-the-ball movements in and around the opposite’ box
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and acceleration
– likes to press and hassle the opposition’s centre-backs effectively
– all-action and energetic
Peglow scores with a brilliant first touch half-volley.
Peglow scores a beautiful goal after a great first touch.
He is best suited to playing as:
Second striker in 4-4-2.
2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup winner with Brazil.
League summary (as for 31 October 2020):
Campeonato Gaúcho 2020: 1 game/0 goals (Internacional)
Campeonato Brasileiro 2020 (ongoing): 3 games/0 goals (Internacional)
João Peglow joined Internacional’s youth setup – one of the best academies in Brazil – in 2011, aged just nine. He made his senior debut on 25 July 2020, coming on as a second-half substitute for Marcos Guilherme in a 1–1 Campeonato Gaúcho away draw against Esportivo. He was also a big star of Brazil U-17 national team, playing 17 matches and scoring seven goals while also lifting the 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.