Full name: Pharrell Nnamdi Collins
Date of birth: 10/01/2004 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Düsseldorf (Germany)
Youth career: Fortuna Düsseldorf, Borussia Dortmund (since 2016)
Current club: Borussia Dortmund
Squad number: —
Current national team: Germany U-16
Position: central defender
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: 30.06.2023
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Rio Ferdinand
– aerial duels
– tackling and intercepting
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– complete, elegant and dominant centre-back
– could easily play as a defensive midfielder as well thanks to his great ball skills
– modern defender, who combines strength with good technique and passing
– perfect mix of a pure defender and ball-playing defender
– player with great body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– good agility and coordination for a player of his size
– extremely fast and powerful with great timing in duels
– does not dive into tackles
– great at finding passes through both the first and second line of pressing from the opposition
– known for his composure, positional sense, confidence in possession, understanding of the game, and an above-average technical capacity
– very good vision and passing skills also when it comes to breaking the lines with laser passes
– often wins the ball back by outmuscling players thanks to his significant upper-body strength
– accurate and tenacious tackler
– plays very clean/avoids unnecessary fouls and bookings
– likes to maraud forward
– extremely dominant in the air
– indirect set-piece threat
– tactically astute and technically capable of playing in various tactical systems
– concentrated, determined and committed player with a very good rate of individual and collective work
– natural leader
Collins with intercepts the ball thanks to his great game reading ability and charges with the ball forward starting the attack of his team.
Collins with great anticipation – he outpaces his opponent and wins the ball back for his team.
He is best suited to playing as:
Central defender in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 10 November 2020):
No senior team appearances yet.
Nnamdi Collins joined Borussia Dortmund youth academy from Fortuna Düsseldorf in 2016 aged 12. He is considered to be one of the most talented teenage defenders in Europe. Many top English clubs, including Manchester City and Chelsea, wanted to sign him but he decided to sign a contract extension with BVB that will keep him with the club until 2023. Nnamdi is also a regular German youth international and currently, he is the captain and leader of Germany U-16 national team.
“I’ve now been playing for BVB since I was 12 and I owe the club a lot. My objective is to turn professional at BVB and to play in front of the South Stand at some point. I’m really thankful for the way that all of my previous coaches, my family and my advisors have supported me, and I’m really looking forward to the coming years at BVB.”
Football Talent Scout potential rating: