Full name: Abemly Meto Silu
Country: Brazil/DR Congo
Date of birth: 23/04/2003 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Matadi (DR Congo)
Youth career: Madureira, Fluminense (since 2015)
Current club: Fluminense
Squad number: —
Current national team: —
Position: defensive midfielder, central midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 3.500.000 €
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: 31.12.2022
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Casemiro
– tactical intelligence
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– holding midfielder
– player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– great mix of midfield controller and ball-winning midfielder
– functions best when placed at the base of a midfield three as a holding midfielder
– tactically intelligent and charismatic midfielder, gifted with good ball skills, mobility, distribution, and vision
– likes to play short passes
– very good in combination play
– well-rounded, hard-working team player
– provides many key interceptions, clearances, and tackles for his team thanks to his very good anticipation sense and defensive reliability
– energetic, consistent, aggressive and hard tackling player
– constantly asking for the ball and often is an additional passing option
– great composure and retention skills under pressure/press-resistant player
– great positioning and ability to read the game
– has a great, positive influence on his teammates
– finds himself best in positional attack
– high number of touches and passes per game
– natural leader
Metinho stays calm under pressure and orchestrates the moves of his team with his passing and vision.
Metinho makes a fantastic tackle and wins the ball back for his team.
He is best suited to playing as:
Defensive midfielder in 4-3-3.
Campeonato Brasileiro U-17 2020 winner with Fluminense.
League summary (as for 12 February 2021):
No senior team appearances yet.
Metinho was born in Matadi, Democratic Republic of the Congo, but moved to Brazil aged one, after his father, Abel, fled the country following religious persecution. Metinho is a product of Fluminense academy – one of the best youth systems in Brazil. He is part of a very strong Fluminense U-17 team along with other very talented players such as Kayky, Arthur Wenderroscky, João Neto, Gustavo Lobo, Matheus Martins and Jefté. In 2020, he was one of two Brazilians that featured on a list entitled “Next Generation 2020: 60 of the best young talents in world football” by The Guardian.
“Metinho was born in Congo but his family moved to Brazil when he was only one year old. It was a difficult period for his parents but they grew stronger as the days and weeks passed by. In his new country, Abemly Meto Silu became Metinho, a nickname in keeping with his new life and new country. He is working hard and is planning a great future at Fluminense. His main inspiration is Paul Pogba, not only for the Frenchman’s football, but because of his appearance too. Some supporters even call him “Pogbinha”. Last year, he obtained Brazilian citizenship and is free to target his main dream: playing for the Seleção.”
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.