Julen Jon Guerrero
Full name: Julen Jon Guerrero Landabaso
Date of birth: 14/04/2004 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Bilbao (Spain)
Youth career: Malaga, Real Madrid (since 2017)
Current club: Real Madrid
Squad number: —
Current national team: Spain U-16
Position: central midfielder, attacking midfielder
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Josip Iličić
– ball control
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– advanced playmaker
– player with very good body mass ratio, physical strength, natural fitness & stamina
– likes to be fielded in a free role as an attacking midfielder, where he is given space to roam the pitch
– intelligent player, who finds the space well between the lines
– likes to roam around in the space between the opposition’s midfield and defence
– creative player with very good technical ability, 1vs1 short-dribbling skills, close ball control, fast direction shifts in possession and vision to make through passes to the teammates providing dynamism to the team’s last offensive third plays
– player that always tries to find a vertical option in his game, so he is very capable of pushing his team forward to finishing positions
– very good at spotting space and his teammates’ runs thanks to his excellent vision and awareness
– likes to dribble
– creative at his off-the-ball movements, and likes to find the best space to receive the ball with good timings, linking up the team’s midfield and attack
– able to deliver pinpoint passes and crosses
– possesses good mid-range and long-range shooting skills
– knows how to use his body to shield the ball from defenders thanks to his strength, technique and ball control
– strong in 1v1 situations, unpredictable and very confident of his skills
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in tight spaces/press-resistant player
– often makes surging runs into the penalty box
– very good in the air
Guerrero nutmegs his opponent and makes a great run through the middle.
Under pressure Guerrero with a superb control and finish.
He is best suited to playing as:
Attacking midfielder in 4-2-3-1.
League summary (as for 26 February 2021):
No senior team appearances yet.
Julen Jon Guerrero is the son of the legendary Athletic Club icon Julen Guerrero. He joined Real Madrid youth academy in 2017 from Malaga. At the age of 16 he was promoted to Los Blancos U-18 and became one of the team’s biggest stars straight away – this season he scored 9 goals and provided one assist in just 11 games.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.